RF-3 II vs KLF 10'S

Klipsch-daddy

anyone?

------------------

Front: dbx Soundfield V -5-way w/15" woofers

Center: KLF C7

Rear Surround: Polk RT f/x bipole/dipole

Amp: Yamaha RX-V990 100x3; 25x2

DVD: Yamaha DVD S795 (built-in DD Processor)

CD: Yamaha CDC 575 5-Disc

VCR: Toshiba M752 6-head

TV: Mitsubishi 40" Tube

DirecTV

Sony Playstation connected to V990 for awesome gaming picture & sound!

Can anyone please tell me some pro's and con's about either speaker. i am going to the dealer monday and listen to both of them. he gave me a price of 600.00 total on the rf-3 ii and 742.00 total on the klf-10's.

**************please help ***************************

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS:Black RF-3 II

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: RS-3 II

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

k-daddy, best to listen in a true a-b format of course.

that's side by side, same inputs/equipment.

i haven't heard the new rf-3II but have the rf-3. wonder about any real audible dif though. jmo, but the klf are more the rock n' roll speak ie more slam & lower in the bass dept. more in your face.

the rf a bit more accurate & mellow. so depends some on your listening tastes.

that seems like a too high price on the klf-10. they discontinued & thought I saw them on new ubid for around $500, & w/ full 5 yr. warranty.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Boa,

Thanks for the reply. I dont have the Rf-3's yet I was suspose to get them Last Wednesday but the dealer did not get any in. He has a old set of the rf-3 and its his last pair. I figured I would wait for the new rf-3 II. I would get them from ubid but I am afraid and also I have 345.00 to put down on a new pair and will finance the rest.

------------------

My HTS:

Boa,

What is the matching surround for the klf the ss1? If so I will probably get the klf. The ss1 are selling around 100-150 less than the rs-3... Do you know anything about digital processors.??

if so look at this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1290474288.

if it does not work the item is 1290474288 on ebay.

------------------

My HTS:

This message has been edited by Klipsch-daddy on 11-03-2001 at 04:40 PM

With the RF-3's you get a bit more bass thump.Some like this others dont.You need a mellow amp to sound good with the RF-3.The KLF10 work quite well with many amps/recievers.

The KLF10 gets my vote here.

If I had to compare the KLF20 to the RF-5's,I walk away with the RF-5.Why? The RF-5's sound better to me then the KLF20.Yes the KLF20 has more punch(bass)but does not sound as refined as the RF-5.

Then KLF30 vs RF-7.Ha the RF-7 no doubt,the twin 10 inchers of the RF-7 have almost as much slam as the KLF30.The cabinet is smaller and the overall quality of the cabinet,conetors and drivers is better on the RF-7.

You would have to listen,what some may prefer you may not.Again if you can do compare them.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Let's see

no surrounds

no front channels(sold friday)

1 center ksc-c1

1 ksw-12

it really sucks now. definitly going to buy some speakers monday (fronts) rear surrounds may have to wait untill some more money falls from the sky... unless the dealer can come down to 250.00 on a pair of ss-1's.

------------------

My HTS:

the best surr for KLF-10 would be the discontin ksp-S5 (per rwmin) or then the S6. for direct surr another pair of 10s or the C7. there's a post on here a few down bout some S6 on ebay.

the rf & rs may be best for HT. the rf-3 are shielded & the 10s are not. give 'em both a good listen.

don't know on that sony pro nor your current ken. that's another thing Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Thanks,

I dont think the klf 10 will be a big deal being that I have a projection tv and not a tube. I was hoping to bypass the digital processor of my reciever and just just the sony so that I will have more sound fields, different individual speaker adjustment, and a digital crossover that I can set, I think it would give me the flexibility. Plus I could listen to all these on my vcr too... I just hate to waste 100.00 bucks on it. Just with x-mas around the corner! ( is it even possible for me to do that and use the sony instead of the dd processor in the kenwood.?)

------------------

My HTS:

Kenwood reciever,did not listen to many Kenwood recievers.Still what can I say try the KLF10's before you put any money on them if you can.

Here you have two views(Boa and the KLF and TheEAR and the R series),you have to listen to both speakers and decide.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

ONLY the RF-3's Boa!?

Come on get RF-7's. Smile.gif

Just cleaned my tiny HT room(below the PC room).

Some extra lousy pics(sorry Kodak DC25 Frown.gif )

Moved the Lovans to my audio/high end HT room,replaced them with spare El Cheapo tables.LOL now at least the colora matches. LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Yep that is an amp below the cheapie TV.Its the ATI 1505(driving sourrounds,biamped),a Carver TFM-75 drives the RF-7's and the Celeste 4070(bridged mono) drivers the center.Can you say POWER

The 3801 serves as a pre/pro,for now.When I will get a Lexicon pre/pro for the main HT the Denon 5800 will move where the 3801 sits.And 3801 will be back with my PC system. LOL

All speaker wires are the Monster cable M2.4B's.Not too bad.

Today I pumped the volume again!OUF damn I almost restarted my heart with the high SPL. cwm3.gif

Where did you see the RC-7 and RS-7's?

TheEAR(s) Now theears

ears, i was figuring I would need the rs-7 &/or rc-7 as surr & centers if I got rf-7. wouldn't have room for the rf-3 & rc-3 in rear. I must stop talking Smile.gif

what are your surrounds w/ the above sys. rc-7? i have trouble keeping track Smile.gif

which lexicon? mc-1? i glanced at that before I got the B&K ref 30. w/ that u can set the crossovers for each speaker group. price scared me away though. have u heard this b&k ref 30? great sound & price around $2.5k.

------------------

My Home Systems Page