Two pair Klipsch La Scala. Two Bag End S18E-C 18in subs - $2000. Portland Craigslist (Eugene)

mungkiman

no affiliation.

portland craigslist > electronics > Two pair Klipsch La Scala. Two Bag End S18E-C 18in subs

last modified: Fri, 12 May 14:36 PDT

Avoid scams & fraud by dealing locally:

· non-local deals involving shipping, wire transfer, or cashier checks are usually fraudulent

· there are no such things as "craigslist payment system", "craigslist buyer protection", or "craigslist seller certification"

· please report scam attempts to abuse@craigslist.org

please flag with care :

[miscategorized]

[prohibited]

[spam]

[discussion]

[best of]

email this posting to a friend

Two pair Klipsch La Scala. Two Bag End S18E-C 18in subs - $2000

Reply to: sale-160213689@craigslist.org

Date: 2006-05-12, 2:36PM PDT

Two pair used Klipsch La Scala's black one pice unit's. Two

used Bag End S18E-C 18in subs. Bag End sub are like new, very clean.

The Klipsch La scala',have nicks and chips, and havd been walll

mounted. One pair Klipsch La Scala $800.00 One Bag end sub $300.00 All

six piece $2000.00 Email kevin@stereoworkshop.com or phone

1-541-344-3212

this is in or around Eugene Oregon

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

zVq1Uaj1osSCgj40xCw1eVFVCg2A.jpg

rabaf2BaoQELKs7Q04wexztLnu2f.jpg

I believe that system would ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I should know because I have the same.

I saw no mention of the required ELF integrator for the subs but one can be picked up for a decent price.

Greg

BTW,you would need an amp for the subs.

What is an ELF integrator and what does it do?

What is ELF?

ELF (Extended low frequency) was invented by Ron Wickersham and Ed Long and represents the first significant advancement in low frequency reproduction since 1953. The ELF system insures that the lowest 3 octaves of the audio and sensory spectrum are reproduced acoustically in the same time and frequency relationship as the electrical input to the system.

Elfgraph.gif

Electrical frequency response of the ELF dual integrator

Acoustical output of the ELF system

Acoustical frequency response of the ELF loudspeaker in a sealed box

Impedance amplitude of ELF loudspeaker in a sealed box

A fundamentally new approach to low frequency reproduction, the ELF employs electronic compensation to the uniform response that a sealed box loudspeaker system exhibits below its resonance frequency. The resultant frequency response can be extended well below the audible range while at the same time greatly reducing the influence of the system resonance. An ELF system reproduces each note with precision and uniformity while maintaining a flat frequency and phase response, eliminating the tendency to emphasize the notes around resonance as in conventional bass systems. The patented ELF dual integrator provides both a very flat response below resonance and the high frequency roll-off above resonance, for crossover to the midrange driver, without the use of conventional low pass filters and the delay typically introduced by them. An inherent bonus of the process requires the enclosures to be small. For example, a double 10-inch ELF system measures only 13" x 22" x 13" (1.5 cu.ft

BagEnd operates thier subs below the resonant freq.of the enclosure and the integrator provides a x-over to the mains.Looking at the graph you can see the freq rolls off at 12db per octive(for a sealed enclosure),the integrator adds gain in proportion to that roll off.The downside of this setup is you need an outboard amp with lots of power(SS watts are cheap),the integrator and the sub or subs.I run 2x18" BagEnd w/ELF integrator and a Bryston4B PRO amp.

If you ask the Ear on the sub forum he will tell you its not his cup of tea LOL something about massive amounts of creative eq,wonder what he thinks his Velodynes are doing?I can say I have lived with this dedicated sub system for about 6 months and it walks all over the many Velodynes I have owned.I think alot of Velodyne and like thier products but I have never heard such a seemless blend with my Scala's as these BagEnds/integrator/crossover.The Velodynes bass was never as integrated as it is now.The crazy part of all this is the impact at low volumes,usually I was turning the volume up to get that.The bass is clean,tight and detailed.

If you ever get around my neck of the woods on your never ending trek for KLIPSCH give me a call and you can hear for yourself.

Greg

Greg, are your Bag End cabinets 18" like these? I had thought from the photos that your bins were 12" and somewhat similar to the Klipsch THX cabinets.

I've read the tech sheet on a Bag End sub system, it sounds tremendous. I wonder how our two systems would stack up against each other. Can you give approx MSRP for a Bag End dual sub system with integrator?

Michael