LaScala type AL crossover network

cflee

I have a poor copy. If you want to analyze yours it will be O.K. If you want to build a pair, it won't be much help. If I were you I'd build a pair of Type As or Type AAs. The Type ALs sound pretty rough. They have a midrange ring to them that makes French Horns sound like a howl.

John

Hi John, I just want to analyse the newtwork, can you please email me the copy you have? Do you have the schematics of the other crossover networks, if so which is the better of the lot and do you have a copy of the schematic that you can email me?

Thanks,

cf

• 2 weeks later...

I have the AL type. I've read a lot about Al's ALK network. I'd like to build a new set just for fun. I'd like to soften the midrange a little. Are any of the parts compatible in the AA type? The ALK is too expensive for me at this time. Any suggestions?

Thanks, E.

------------------

EJH

I have a set of ALKs in my rear channel La Scalas that had Type AL networks. They work very well. The tweeter is slightly hotter than the front La Scalas with Type AA networks; just enough to tell.

I looked at it and decided I couldn't buy the parts enough cheaper to make building myself worth the trouble.

John

• 8 years later...

Could someone post the original AL crossover network on here so I can compare it to the AL-3 crossover network diagram that I have. I just bought my first pair of La Scalas with the AL and I would like to build the updated AL-3 but I just want to see the difference.