Midiland 8200's - do they compare to the Pros?

Hipnotic_Tranz

My friend has the pros. They're alright, but I've been wanting to get a nice setup for DVD's and all in my room. I mostly listen to DVD's and music. I play games, also, but I spend more time on the net/listening to music/watching DVDs caues my cable provider is gay. My ping likes to spike like a mofo.

I know sound is completely up to the user. I prefer the nice soft (what some people like to call "bland") midrange more than the Klipsch horns. It just sounds a lot "warmer" to me. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

I'm curious if anybody here has had a chance to listen to these Midiland 8200's and what their idea of 'em was? If you were to compare 'em to the Klipsch, what would you say?

They look like the best 5.1 solution out on the market right now. I've read all reviews on 'em cause I get bored smile.gif. All I'm really curious about is how well the bass will shake my room (of course it depends on placement, but you get the idea) That's the only thing that *really* impresses me with the Klipsch. Right now I have some Altec Lansing ADA-305s (2.1 - decent for a 2.1 setup, really) but I need some better sound.

Well, whatcha guys think about 'em?

I don't think that the 8200s will give you much better midrange than the pros. The problem with the midrange is mostly due to having such a small driver in the speakers. It's evident it almost all computer speakers in the promedia's pricerange. Even expensive speakers like the Sirroco Crossfires and the Digitheater have it to a certain extent. Listen to a more expensive home theater with a 4"+ driver, then go back and listen to any set of computer speakers and you'll see what I mean.

The BA 4800s have pretty nice midrange, but that's only if you're willing to sacrifice quality high and low range sound. They don't have a tweeter and the sub blows in comparison to Klipsch.

All in all though it's just what sounds best to you. Go listen to some speakers at best buy, or better yet, a friends house and make a choice for yourself. That's the only way you can really get what you want. smile.gif

Actually the midrange of the Midiland 8200's is better. I have a set and a friend of mind next door has the pros. I can hear voices better with my system, but I have replaced my satelites with Acoustics Research 206HO speakers. The mdiland satelites did not have tweeters and this irritated me. The subs are pretty close in power. I might give the pros the edge, but its not a significant margin. The Acoustic Research speakers have a 3/4" tweeter and a 6" inch woofer so midrange and highs are alot better. For overall quaility though I would go with the pros because of the great highs, that is in comparison with the original satelites.