Hersey vs RF-3

dakayus

Hey guys I was wondering how much difference in sound is there? I see them on ebay for about the same price as RF-3's. If they're only a little better I'll just stick with what I have, if not. I guess I'll sell the rf-'s and get the herseys.

Oh yeah I'm using an HK-3380 receiver and soon to be sub-12. Could you guys also give me the plus and minus of both speakers? I will not but running any tube amps. I have a feeling that people will prefer the heresy and that'll piss me off. Lol the main reason will be because then I'll have to sell my RF-3's and buy heresy. I just hate how the RF-3's are so heavy. Oh yeah I listen to a lot of music that's bass heavy and not so much instrumental music. I don't know anyone that has heresy or know where they sell them so demoing would be impossible.

...you may be disappointed in the Heresys then...most report that they feel their Heresys are bass shy...I don't feel this way but understand the bass "difference" in the 2 lines if my RB-5s are any indication...I prefer the Heresys but I prefer the Heritage line over the also excellent sounding Reference...If you get a chance , find a Heritage Dealer near you and try to hear the Heresy III...Bill

I just bought some used RF 3's today, and am very impressed with the full -bodied sound.

I have 86' Heresy's, but find that I need more bass, and the RF 3's fill that boat. Not sure why I still have the Heresy's, other than I just can't seem to let 'em go!

My vote then remains "RF 3" hands down.

NP - Pearl Jam

I bought Heresy's because I wanted the Heritage Line. They lack Bass, (that's just my opinion of my speakers) but I have no problem with running a sub with them, they sound good to me. I run SS, and think you have to run them with a little more volume than you would if you were running tubes, to get the same performance out of them. One thing I do wonder about, if you ran a good tube set-up, I think you could run them without a sub. It just seems to me that Tubes give the Heritage line alittle more Wallop, more Punch, than do SS. When I first got the H2's home I thought they were kinda small in size, but after playing with them, they are small in size, but Large in sound. The Heresy fits my needs, until maybe some day Khorns........It never ends, no matter what you do......It never ends!

hmm which one do you prefer? I sure do like my RF-3's but I think there's somethign lacking. I'm not to sure but I hear the high range and low range, but not so much the middle range.

..."if you think your Reference Speakers are missing the midlle...you might be a Heritage Speaker lover"...(apoliogies to Jeff Foxworthy)...

I have Heresys and RB-5s...both fine speakers in my opinion...when I hear the RB-5s I have no complaints...when I listen to my Heresys (I listen to several CDs on the RB-5s and then re-listen to the same CDs on the Heresys) after my ears adjust...I prefer the Heresys because I "hear" something that seemed to be missing in the RB-5s...I am very pleased with the RB-5s (1/3rd the size of Heresys and some kinda bass) but prefer the Heresys...YMMV...Bill

...as for my experience with Tubes and SS gear...I am also finding that I prefer the Tubes...and I went kicking and screaming to Tubes...all it took to start me was a little, some say ugly, 1959 vintage EICO HF-81 integrated amp...well cared for by its maker and previous caretakers as it will be by me...stunning...'course Craig's NOSValves VRDs...and Klipschorns...WOW!...Bill

I've got a few speakers I rotate thru my 11' x 18' basement room, and due to volume limitations, bass is not very good on some occasions. Not a speaker issue, but more a combination of the recording, the room, and system volume. When I can get the volume up, all of the speakers are just fine as they are designed.

Certainly nothing wrong with the Heresy's, but they just don't supply what I require with my current 2 channel setup.

NP - Meet The Press

I had one more question with the heresy vs RF-3's. So right now I can hear the lower sounds, i'm guessing 1k frequency that's just nice. Will the heresy be able to do these equally as well? I'm buying a sub-12 pretty soon and I was wondering if there will still be gaps with that set up. I plan to buy the Heresy II. Thanks