Tonearm setup - Double the pleasure

scott0527

I saw one of these demonstrated at Parker Music Company in El Dorado, Arkansas c. 1954. It took several tries to get it started because the inner pickup kept skipping a groove. Roy Parker had only the Cook demonstration disk and an obscure Requiem by some group unknown to me. It was fitting, though. Roy was never able to get another recording and in time the equipment disappeared from his shop.

DRBILL

I saw one of these demonstrated at Parker Music Company in El Dorado, Arkansas c. 1954. It took several tries to get it started because the inner pickup kept skipping a groove. Roy Parker had only the Cook demonstration disk and an obscure Requiem by some group unknown to me. It was fitting, though. Roy was never able to get another recording and in time the equipment disappeared from his shop.

DRBILL

That's cool DrBill. I figured someone here had actaully seen on of these before. Interesting that when you saw it, they had a tough time getting it going. I can just imagine the opportunites for error in setting that up as well as pressing the records.

Timmikid, that picture was sent to me by a collector who has a lot of really beautiful old turntables. He mentioned there were only 50 different Cook records produced.