$300 Fortes

I'd be all over them but Augiogon has some supposed 6-12 hour delay once you sign up. So alas I am unable to contact the seller.

If anyone could contact him for me please and ask him to call or email me I would highly appreciate it.

djd00d AT hotmail.com - (zeros in the 00 part of d d) or 760-208-8877

Thanks

Mark

Woot!

Well about a month ago I had started my venture forth into Klipsch land with a purchase of a set of Chorus. They (the Chorii) sounded pretty good compared to my AR9s but really lacked the crisp low end (sub 40 Hz) that I am accustomed to coming from my AR9s (-3 dB 28 Hz and a Qtc of .505). The Chorii seem to have a emphasis of bass in the 60-100 Hz range which give a great "in the chest" slam experience but that is not exactly what I am looking for in a speaker. The midrange on the Chorii seem a bit rough (distortion and or a high ear piercing shrill sound) during some voice passages also, they sound good but not even in the same league of the AR9s.

I just picked up these Fortes above, they were beaten up by shipping, veeneer chips a plenty, risers removed but owner still had them (yay) and one of the female rubber grill plugs missing. I can live with the chips, risers but not the plug missing as it unseals the enclosure on the motorboard side. Does anyone know if Klipsh has replacments?

Now on to the meat of the two hour listening I just had with these. The prior owner had told me that the original owner (these have had 3 owners now, me included) altered or changed out the crossover network. So I was a bit leery when listening to these but they sounded great on his Jolida amp, so I fired up good ol Ampzilla and put in some Dire Straits (Dire Straits, 1st CD). Oooooh aaaah, I hear low subsonic bass, wow the sound stage is enormous, the midrange is just downright clear and wants to suck you in deeper to the music.

I am sold, I don't think I will let this pair of Fortes go and if I did it would be to get a nicer pair of Fortes.

Hopefully in next few weeks I will take a peek at the "replaced" crossover network and see exactly what was done.

Once again big thanks to Bill (Silversport) for alerting us (well me in this instance) up with a potential to get this Forte set.

The seller David is also extremely nice and might I suggest to check out his other items on Audiogon (handle there is hosanna6).

...hey!...glad this worked for you...I am a Heritage kinda guy...Heresys and Klipschorns (and some of the others too) but I recently picked up your Forte's 'lil brother the Quartet...picked them up for a GREAT price and they are Walnut Oil that look and sound as if they were made yesterday...I BLO'ed 'em and have been trying them in various SS and Tube stuff 'round here...GREAT sounding speakers...I had never listened to the Quartet-Forte'-Chorus speaker family before...the Quarts have GREAT bass so the Forte's must be stunning...excellent!

Bill