rf 7 help

glenc

i just purched a pair from a audio store i bought the pair they were using for ht demo so they are broken while they do sound very good a lot bigger sound .my rf35's had a little cleaner sound except maybe the highs.is this normal.i'm using all of the same equiptment as before with the 35's

Are they "broken" or "broken in?"

RF-7s are a very in-your-face speaker. Some have said that the midrange is lacking somewhat since the 10" woofers have to play from 32hz all the way up to 2000hz or so.

Their much lower impedance than the RF-35 will make components work harder to put the power out. Impedance levels drop as low as 2.8ohms on the RF-7s which is a difficult load for most amplifiers and receivers to drive.

You have to give yourself (ears) time to adjust to the difference you are hearing. I hear the differences going between the RF-35 and RF-7's. The 7's have more pin-point imaging. Give yourself time to adjust to the 7's and listen very closely and you will hear the difference, it gives you more of everything. The 7's are a little more picky about setup position, so make sure you have them setup best for soundstage, imaging, and bass.

sorry what i was meaning to say was they are already broken in.but the mids and bass is not what i expected.and the highs are clear but a little hard on the ear . i've been moving them around to get the right placement but no luck so far.

what equipment are you driving the rf-7 with? The rf-7 are impedience hogs which means some of the bass goes down to 2 ohm which taxes the amp alot and most cannot do it so the bass suffers. You need a good strong system to have proper bass with the RF-7.

It absoloutely makes a difference what you are using for an amp. When being run with my 45 watt receiver I must keep the volume down or I hear what you do, but I can hear much more bass when running with my 120 watt amp. With 250 watts at normal/low listening levels the sound is much fuller and better all around.

For a couple hundred bucks I had the crossovers reworked and it dramatically changed the sound for the better.