sub behind the tv?

mam

i was told by a retailer that i could place the sub behind the tv (either a mits ws55819 or pioneer elite pd510) and that would be fine.

#1 is there any rfi, emi or other interference to contend with... sub to tv, tv to sub??

#2 the vibrations from the sub is intense at high volume. will that damage the tv internal components, screen mounts, guns, lenses etc.?

My questions are...

What sub would you like to palce behind the TV?

How far from the TV?

Do you play your system at high volumes often?

Any sub can bring problems if placed very close to a RPTV/TV.It depends how far it sists fron the set and if it has monster output capabilities.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

No problems here.

------------------

Denon AVR-2800

KG-4 mains (too bad the rest of my speakers aren't this good)

Polk C-175 center (it's ok)

Infinity RS-10 Surrounds (suck)

Audiosource SW-15 subwoofer (excellent sub for it's price)

Pioneer DV333 DVD

Sony 5 disc CD player

All in a 12x12 apartment bedroom.

"What?! I can't hear you!"

Personally I would not do that. Just imagine all those vibrations, like you said, going through your TV. However, if the sub is a few feet from the TV it would not be a big deal, but if you want the TV nearly flush against it... errr... I would just not do it. Is your sub sheilded VERY well? What kind of TV? Is it projection? If so, and especially if it is an older projection, i would say that you should keep the sub away from realy close to the tv. my friend had his HT sub next to his Mitsubishi big screen and the scanning got way off. it took a licensed repair man to come out to the house and open up the TV to fix it. It was terrible. This also happened to my cousins's 50" Sony TV.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

to the "ears" and the group.

sub = kws12 or kws 15.

tv = mits ws55819 (ran out of money for the pioneer elite pd510)

distance from tv = INCHES.

spkrs. = due to space i have to use the synergy line, the rf3's would not fit. the spkrs where boston acoustics 9500 b micros (very impressive) but i went with sf2's/sc1/ss1/kws12-15.

it all should be here tommorrow!!!

i wouldn't worry too much about the vibration, but magnetic interference could affect the pix on your tv. if the picture looks fine, then behind the tv is ok, i've done alot of systems that way. avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 32"tv and sharp xv-z1u lcd projector

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

a 'teens' sub coming!(RSW-15 LOOKIN'GOOD!)

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

mam,

Its A ok,the KSW12 and 15 dont use monster magnetic structures and should not cause any damage(magnetic or by vibrations)to you TV set.

The RSW15,SVS Ultras,Sunfire Signature,Velo HGS18 could be another story as these brutes have BIG MAGNETS(very BIG) and move AIR,lots of it(this causes the floor and objects to vibrate).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Boa interesting,how would you compare the big deftech against the Velodyne HGS18?

I heard the huge PowerField 1800 one time in a big HT system based on all DefTech speakers and it was SLOW!

The sub bass was sub human but sounded slow Frown.gif

The HGS15 and 18 are faster subs.The twin 3" push pull voice coils and the gigantic magnetic structure on the HGS18 help with speed no doubt.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Boa,

You know what is funny and disturbing?

The fact so many mags have rave reviews about the DefTech subs.If you were to trust what these clowns write(for $$$)you would go and buy a Deftech sub on the spot.

The larger DefTech subs are slow,sound like SVS or Velo you just sunk in a pool of mud.And yet most continue to hype the hype!?

Go fugure

TheEAR(s) Now theears