1990 LaScalas FOR SALE SOLD Austin, Texas

• Moderators

As much as I hate to do it, I must sell my LaScalas. They are 1990 (we think) and I am the second owner. S/N's 110016 and 17. Lac. Birch, AL-3 cross overs, square back K-77-M tweeters. I just don't have the room, wife says they must go. I took a swing at trying to get them to stay in the downstairs living area, but it was a no go. Obviously a local pickup only, but, if someone buys them that is going to Hope, I will deliver them there. I would rate these speakers a 7 out of 10. Overall they are in good shape, however, there are a couple of minor dings and bumps which were present when I purchased them. There were white rings from glasses being placed on top which I treated with furniture restorer that almost eliminated them, but you can still see them if you know where to look for them and you have your nose on the wood. The bumps or nicks are quarter size or less, and nothing is noticable when they are in place.

I will be happy to send photos if anyone is interested, including closeups of any and all bumps and dings. As far as the year, as you will note, the SN's do not match up with the normal S/N guides we have all seen posted on the forum. I called Klipsch and they eventually put me in touch with Trey who advised me that in the 1989-1990 time frame there were a number of problems with record keeping at the factory (was this this transition year?) and they cannot be certain, but the best guess is they were made in 1990.

If they go to a forum member I will include a new pair of Squawker lens that I purchased from Klipsch to go with them. I think these used to sell for $60 to $75 each when they were available.

Travis

• Moderators

very clean - are you sure you don't need them for the workshop/back yard?

That's a good price for units in such good condition imho.

I don't understand what you mean about squawker 'lens' though, are they pictured?

Colter,

The "lens" is what I am calling the actual back horn body (K400?) that the driver hooks to, in other words the big black cavernous hole you look into from the front. There is not a photo of them, they are both still wrapped in bubble wrap the way they were sent from Klipsch. I purchased them because mine do not have grills and the inside portion of the horn has what appear to be white looking cracks which are actually just the composit of the resin or whatever they are made of. I bought an extra pair at the suggestion of a forum member with the thought of painting/finishing in black for a nicer apperance. I never got around to doing that. Someone later suggested making grill frames for them (I think it may have been you) and that seemed to be the better approach then trying to finish the inside of the horns.

The only thing that is making this process tolerable is the fact that they may be going to a fellow klipsch member who will enjoy them and appreciate them.

Travis

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Sold my LaScalas today to a local gentleman. He had two pairs of Forte II, and wanted to move up. He came over to give a look and listen, said he wanted them, and we brought them over to his house and set them up. They sounded so good in his living room, I almost felt like saying no deal, I want them back. Only reason I didn't is my wife is Sicilian and I knew I would have to deal with her if I brought them back.

He was gleaming after we got them hooked up, nice ear to ear smile. His Forte II sounded damm good, I don't know how many folks have them on here, but they are a great sounding little speaker.

I told him about the forum, and he was surprised to hear about all of the activity and resources available. I am sure we will see him posting soon.

Thanks for all of the interest from Forum members, it was nice to make an easy local sale and bring another Klipsch person into the Heritage fold.

Travis