Bose 3.2.1 GS vs. large Klipsch setup...

kenratboy

...to level the playing field, we will use a BOSE-SUPPLIED demo. The demo is the scene in 'The Incredibles' where they shoot down the jet.

That is my favorite movie demo as it has TONS of bass, great surround effects, and everything!

When I have played it loud on my system, when it was over, I literally felt sick from the bass and the sheer amount of sound (not ear-ringing, just tons of bass and mid-bass), it was a physical experience and it left a real impact in my head. Call it mild shell shock, you are a bit stunned and dazed when it is over.

Now for the Bose 3.2.1. - its not that it sounded bad, its just that it was totally uninvolving and lacked an entire level of effect on the person watching. There was hissing sounds as the missiles moved around, but you were not convinced that there was actually a missile flying around the room...which is the point!

No, not fair to compare a speaker system that small to a large one, but what is fair is with a weak system like that (or anything else), you really ARE missing something.

Oh, I have not posted in a while, just been busy. Working on a business idea that is actually coming along and just need to get into the legal and finance side of things, busy with work, all that fun stuff.

Just before I joined here I was heard to say "I don't want wires all over the place so I am looking at something to just sound better than the TV speakers" HA!!! was I in for a rude awakening...went to Tweeter (and elsewhere) and listened to the Bose 3.2.1...heard the same demonstration disc everywhere (could not even bring your own...locked demo) and listened to...ugh...Toy Story, crossing the street scene...over and over...

I was at first amazed that I could "hear" sound behind me when clearly no speakers were behind me...that was it...no grunt, no beef, no oooomph...the sales kid said "Shall I wrap it up?"...my response was "Thanks but No."

Then I found this place and I wanted information on the Synergy system...ready for another rude awakening...THANKS, dodger! [;)] now I have Heritage...)

After tweaking and changing and trying different things I auditioned Man on Fire the other night with the GF...she said during one scene..."Sounds like a helicopter...it's moving...that was cool." [:)]...very pleased, I am...talking like Yoda, I know not why?...

Bill

I've written this before, Bose fits for average Joe consumer, like Bill stated,"I don't want wires all over the place", Joe doesn't care about SPL, watts per channel, woofers and tweeters are Birds to Joe, a sub, doesn't that belong in water, On and Off are the only controls he needs. I know it's hard for forum guys to handle but, it's not a hobby to some folks, they don't care the same way we do, and that's the market share Bose gets.

Bose makes a fine product for those consumers, that's not what forum guys want to hear but the figures will bear me out. I AM NOT knocking Joe Consumer,just stating what I feel is correct, and trying to explain why Bose sells. Think about it, if you didn't care about what you listen to, wouldn't Bose fill the bill. Basically Plug and Play, now put them in Target stores, put them on cable stations, what do you have? Sales,,,,,,,,,

That is another problem that...isn't as much of a problem.

For less than $3,000, excluding ony the TV (not part of a Bose system), you could get a 5.1 systems with any type of speakers (in wall, ceiling, wall-mount, etc.), a receiver, and DVD player and a universal remote. You would have a simple system AND true surround sound.

No matter how you look at it or listen to.Klipsch steamrolls B0$e in dynamics,timbre,linearity,low distortion and overall sound quality.Lets not even start with built quality and value.

Why start these B0$e VS Klipsch threads? Anyone with a brain,knows for a FACT Klipsch is a mile and a half better than B0$e.

It is like comparing a low end Sony receiver to a full Bryston system consisting of a pre/pro and three 9B SST power amps. [:$]

For less than $3,000, excluding ony the TV (not part of a Bose system), you could get a 5.1 systems with any type of speakers (in wall, ceiling, wall-mount, etc.), a receiver, and DVD player and a universal remote. You would have a simple system AND true surround sound.

Isn't the bose 3.2.1. $1000??? not $3000

That's true, but if you don't want to shop, and pick and choose, and you really don't care about HI-FI stuff, and you want to buy it all right on the spot, and your not on a forum somewhere, Bose fills the bill. Watch and read their ads, they are NOT selling to Klipsch forum guys, they want Joe Plug it in and Play Guy, the type of consumer who just wants sounds without the hassle, that's fine let them have that share. Bottom line; some folks don't care about audio stuff, and Bose is best for them.