FS: Oak LaScalas -- cabs by HDBRBuilder

Daddy Dee

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just checking out Jim's system profile here. Guys- you might want to have second thoughts on selling to Jim- his whole system is BLACK Klispch- I'd get a sworn statement that he's not gonna paint those oak babies!

jk.

Michael

Yep... he's interested in my black Chorus I's. [:D]

Was just checking out Jim's system profile here. Guys- you might want to have second thoughts on selling to Jim- his whole system is BLACK Klispch- I'd get a sworn statement that he's not gonna paint those oak babies!

jk.

Michael

With a thick nap roller in a dusty room.

Actually, the reason I am working on a deal for Mike Lindsey's black Chorus (Chori?) is to switch with my center channel Academy in my HT, so I have 3 black Chorus all across the front.

The LaScallas - IF I get them, *hand on heart* I promise I will never mess with the finish. I am mostly interested because they seem special enough to try to keep within the community of members of this forum. I would hate to see them get into the wrong hands. I don't even have a spot to put them just yet, so they would go into safe storage in my home for the near term. In any case Dee and I spoke this morning and working the logistics of Little Rock to Chicago is the biggest impediment to this deal. Shipping is not a wise option for these. If anyone else is still interested and has less distance to cover, then feel free to go for them, I do not have them locked up yet. But we are trying to figure something out.

- Jim

I'd like to see a photo of all of those BLACK speakers, but it'd never turn out cause the speakers would absorb all the light like a huge black hole....

Michael

I know everyone here i'sn't crazy about black - but I think those black Belles on Audiogon are beeeeautiful.

- Jim

I'd like to see a photo of all of those BLACK speakers, but it'd never turn out cause the speakers would absorb all the light like a huge black hole....

Michael

And now there are BLACK LaScalas for sale here on 2 channel... hmmmm... our guest bedroom doesn't have any Klipsch in it yet... backing away from computer now.

jk.

Michael

With a thick nap roller in a dusty room.

Actually, the reason I am working on a deal for Mike Lindsey's black Chorus (Chori?) is to switch with my center channel Academy in my HT, so I have 3 black Chorus all across the front.

The LaScallas -  IF I get them, *hand on heart* I promise I will never mess with the finish. I am mostly interested because they seem special enough to try to keep within the community of members of this forum. I would hate to see them get into the wrong hands. I don't even have a spot to put them just yet, so they would go into safe storage in my home for the near term. In any case Dee and I spoke this morning and working the logistics of Little Rock to Chicago is the biggest impediment to this deal. Shipping is not a wise option for these. If anyone else is still interested and has less distance to cover, then feel free to go for them, I do not have them locked up yet. But we are trying to figure something out.

- Jim

agree on the risks of shipping. even double boxed lascala's on pallets attrack the best transit scars fedex, ups, etc have to offer. double box means foam sheets, box one, foam sheets, box two, plus corner guards.

And what up with those truck tempertures. I just recieved a new double boxed pd5hv driver and the driver in the boxes was hot to the touch.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...