Shure V15V

McKlipsch

While I'm looking for a VN5MR i ordered a M97XE from Jacks. Anyone

switched from the V series to the M97? Big differance? I would love to

hear the V15V. My stylus broke before i got the chance. Any help on a

new or good used VN5MR let me know. Any recomendations on a cart 200.00

price range? Im using a Thorens 125 with SME 3009 S2 Improved. Thanks

Dave

While I'm looking for a VN5MR i ordered a M97XE from Jacks. Anyone switched from the V series to the M97? Big differance? I would love to hear the V15V. My stylus broke before i got the chance. Any help on a new or good used VN5MR let me know. Any recomendations on a cart 200.00 price range? Im using a Thorens 125 with SME 3009 S2 Improved. Thanks Dave

About 5 months ago I sold my V15 III because I needed the cash. I had the opportunity to pick up an M97XE rencently, nearly new, for a song. While I can't in fairness, do a propper A/B, my take is that the M97 is a fine cartridge that competes well with other products in it's price range, but its no V15. The V15 had a smoothness and an extension that sets it apart from the current M97.

That being said, if I had $150 to 200 to spend on a new cartridge, I'd have trouble spending it on a V15. I think there are carts out there, like the Denon cartridge that folks post about here, that would seem a better value, and better long term option.

I agree with Whell, i have both the 97xe and V15 III, and use them side by side daily. The V15 is more detailed and i find it very pleasing on my Rega. The 97xe is no slouch and worth every penny of the $60 it can be had for.

That being said, if I had $150 to 200 to spend on a new cartridge, I'd have trouble spending it on a V15. I think there are carts out there, like the Denon cartridge that folks post about here, that would seem a better value, and better long term option.

Well, the Denon DL-103 is a higher mass cartridge and requires a higher mass arm than the Shures. It is also a LOMC cart and would require a step-up transformer as well.

I just sold my Dual CS-5000 with Shure V15V-MR and it went for a very reasonable price. The used cartridges have been selling for $300 the last time I checked.

Link - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9735698671&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

Mike