Carada projection screen FS

sfogg

Not sure if anyone needs one here but...

Carada 104" diagonal (8' wide) 2.35 aspect ratio Precision series screen. View surface is 95.7 inches wide by 40.7 inches high. Perfect for constant height setups.

I have two screen surfaces for it, the Brilliant White 1.4 gain surface as well as the High Contrast Grey 0.8 gain surface. New the screen with the Brilliant White surface was $615, the High Contrast Grey surface was another $250 for a total of $865 before shipping costs.

Screen is in a dedicated room away from daily traffic so it is in great shape. There are two small holes drilled in the top of the top of the frame to install small eyebolts to hang the frame from the ceiling per instructions from Carada. Have the factory wall mount as well which was never used.

Would strongly prefer local pickup but I do have the original box from Carada for the screen so shipping is possible. Because of the length of the box (around 9' or 10' as I recall) shipping will be expensive though.

$395 for the frame and both surfaces plus shipping if needed.

Thanks,

Shawn

Not sure if anyone needs one here but...

Carada 104" diagonal (8' wide) 2.35 aspect ratio Precision series screen. View surface is 95.7 inches wide by 40.7 inches high. Perfect for constant height setups.

I have two screen surfaces for it, the Brilliant White 1.4 gain surface as well as the High Contrast Grey 0.8 gain surface. New the screen with the Brilliant White surface was $615, the High Contrast Grey surface was another $250 for a total of $865 before shipping costs.

Screen is in a dedicated room away from daily traffic so it is in great shape. There are two small holes drilled in the top of the top of the frame to install small eyebolts to hang the frame from the ceiling per instructions from Carada. Have the factory wall mount as well which was never used.

Would strongly prefer local pickup but I do have the original box from Carada for the screen so shipping is possible. Because of the length of the box (around 9' or 10' as I recall) shipping will be expensive though.

$395 for the frame and both surfaces plus shipping if needed.

Thanks,

Shawn

what city/state are items located

Shawn, just curious why you getting rid of it? Something new on the way?

Anyone thinking of getting this it is a great deal. I turly love my Carada screen. BTW after testing all the samples form Carada and Stewart I went with the Carada brilliant white.

"just curious why you getting rid of it? Something new on the way? "

Changing the size slightly and material.

The screen hangs about 2' off the front wall as I have a mini-split ductless heatpump installed behind it to hide it from view. Since I added the velvet drapes around the room that pretty much took up all the space between the edges of the screen and the side walls. That left little room for the heat pump wall unit to 'breathe' so it doesn't circulate heating/cooling as well as it might in the room.

So I'm going to build a slightly smaller screen, possibly without a masking border to give a little more circulation room for the mini-split. Since the screen is sort of free floating I'm not sure I need the masking since any overscan will basically fall off the edges of the screen and the wall 2' back is all black. That will give me the circulation room I need.

I then sort of made the mistake of trying the 'High Power' material in the theater (was planning to use it upstairs in a room with some ambient light and a table top setup) and loving what it does for the picture. This material is retro-reflective (light bounces back toward the source) though so it needs a somewhat specialized setup to work right unlike the Carada material. So I have to deal with that too in the theater. With my ceiling mounted projector the view from my front row on the HP is slightly dimmer then with the Carada BW. From my second row of seating (on an 8" riser) the picture is considerably brighter. I'm probably going to have to do away with the hush box (glad the AE900 is quiet) and will be dropping the projector about a foot lower (above the heads of the second row) to get more gain from the screen.

Shawn

Hey there, Shawn.

I'd be interested... depending on how much the shipping to Canada is... and depending on whether it's still available or not.

Can you let me know? I live in Mississauga, ON.

Perhaps, you can ship off the AE900 in the same package too? ;)

-Fauzi

Hi Fauzi,

It is still available. I'll measure the size of the box and get back to

you with an idea of shipping. It might need to be two boxes as I'm not

sure both surfaces will fit in the one box. I bought the grey surface

later on so it shipped seperately.

Thanks,

Shawn

P.S. Just the AE900 along with it? I'd think you would want the ISCOII and Lumagen as well. ;) Sure... but the 'handling' charge is going to be a big one!

Fauzi,

What is your postal code? I need that to get a shipping quote.

The box itself is 87" x 8" x 7" and will go from zip code 02910. Given

the size it will likely ship dimensional weight so the actual weight of

the box itself doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Shawn

Hi Fauzi,

OK, it would be dimensional weight of 30 pounds for the dimensions I

posted above. With $400 insurance UPS ground is estimated at $55.90.

That is if everything fits in the one package. If I have to ship the

other surface seperately it would be another box but should be smaller

then the first one.

Thanks,

Shawn

The screen is now just taking up space so I'm motivated to sell it. Feel free to make an offer.

Also have a few more items for sale....

Denon 2900 Silver DVD/DVD-A/SACD universal player with SDI output mod for pure digital video to an outboard video scaler.

A very well built unit that sounds great and has a beautiful picture. The 2900 is really nice in that on DVDs it has no layer change pause at all. Once you don't have to wait through the pause on a layer change you realize how annoying and distracting it really is.

In great condition with original box, manual and remote.

$475 plus shipping. You can see pics of the SDI mod work at:

http://www.pixelmagicsystems.com/support/reading/sdi_mod_database/denon_2900.htm

--------------------------------------------------------

I also have a Lexicon DC-1 DD v2.1 for sale with box, manuals on CD and remote. Updated op-amps in the L/C/R/Sub channels and a modification to the PS to fix a somewhat common failure point of them. Lexicon's very well known surround processor. In very good condition. $450 plus shipping.

Thanks,

Shawn

• 4 weeks later...