RF7 Series + Cinepro Amp + SVS sub = buzz...

the borg

they were working beautifully together for months (RF7s, RC7, RS7's,RF3's center surround), then I moved all my gear from a wood shelf to a Boltz steel shelf and suddenly I am in buzz and hum hell. One thing I do notice is that when I remove the subwoofer cable (in parallel mode)the Samson buzz goes away. Is this a sign that the supplied connector or monster m-series cable has gone bad? I know a significant part of the problem was the position of my rptv (proscan), so it has been moved further away from the amps and speaker cables, eliminating that element. Now the biggest buzz is the Samson, and the Cinepro 3k6SEI (375 watts x6)to a much less degree. Is there any solution short of heavy handed filters that seriously effect the quality of sound coming through my speakers? I am using my Denon 5800 as the pre-pro, and added a monster HTS 3500 surge protector, but disconnected it when it seemed to actually increase the noise level. Help????

the borg,

I'm a bit confused by your statement regarding removal of "subwoofer cable (in parallel mode)". Perhaps this is a feature or function of the Denon 5800 or Sampson Amp. Do you have an additional sub that you're splitting the LFE Out signal to besides the Sampson & SVS? If no, then please explain what Parallel Mode means or does? I'm thnking that your preout signals from the Denon are the only source that is feeding the outboard amp. Like eq said, you may have developed ground loop due to outlets on different circuits.

I had a problem with sub hum when I split my LFE Out signal between my NAD Amp (it powers my SVS) and KSW-12. Could not find an easy remedy, so I just paralled the KSW-12 to my receivers main speaker connections. Now the LFE Out to Sub Amp is the only component that's in that signal path. Your problem sound vastly different.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 11-08-2001 at 12:54 PM