Where can I get my KG 4.2 grills reclothed?

synthfreek

Well finally after 10 years and thousands of cat scratches I must do something about my grills. If it was up to me I'd leave them off but I already see something plowing through my drivers. Since I'll probably have these speakers forever I might as well get this done while I have a few extra bucks in my pocket. Any suggestions? Does Klipsch have surplus items on discontinued models?

synth,

Call Klipsch tech support (1-800-KLIPSCH) and ask to speak to the parts department. They will send you the cloth to replace the cloth on your grills. It is $20 for a cubic yard which should be enough to do both of your speakers. You will have to glue it yourself (I am in the process of doing the same thing with my '76 Heresy's) or pay someone to do it for you...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

• 2 weeks later...

Or go to www.partsexpress.com and look for part #260-335. They sell acoustically transparent grill cloth for about $7 per yard (by 67" wide) so it's a lot cheaper. They even sell the 3M spray adhesive that you could use to attached it (for like $8 can). BTW, if those cats haven't learned to appreciate your Klipschs then maybe it's time to get rid of the cats. Wink.gif

what is broken about the grills? there should be an atleast temp. fix for it. also should not be too hard to get, call Klipsch using one of the numbers below... maybe they can help.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

quote:

Originally posted by STL:

Or go to
and look for part #260-335. They sell acoustically transparent grill cloth for about $7 per yard (by 67" wide) so it's a lot cheaper. They even sell the 3M spray adhesive that you could use to attached it (for like $8 can). BTW, if those cats haven't learned to appreciate your Klipschs then maybe it's time to get rid of the cats.
Wink.gif

Maybe I can help. I have ONE extra grill for a KG4.2 that I might sell you. Let me know what Klipsch wants and maybe we can make a deal. I can even take some digital pictures so you can access it's conidition (which I think it good). Let me know if you a interested...