PayPal Scam--PLEASE READ

DaleR

I just received an e-mail purportedly from Pay Pal, telling me that someone with a foreign IP address has been trying to access my account. The e-mail looked official, and even had a link for me to click on to verify my account. The link was not directed to Pay Pal, but someone with a bellsouth.net domain address.

Don't be fooled by this scam! I went to Pay Pal and logged in the correct way and verified that my account is OK. Now I'm wondering if Pay Pal is really all that secure if someone can get a hold of my e-mail address [:@]

Dale

Dale,

The sorry scammers just broadcast their identity theft attempts to a list of email addresses without any idea of whether those email addresses are linked to a Paypal account or not.

Remember that Paypal will always address you by name in a real communication from Paypal.

Bob Crites

About once a month for several years paypal sends me an email saying NEVER click on a link and enter my info,it may be a scam.They make it very clear if you want to go to your account enter the official paypal.com address.