Italian engine-resize attempt

oldtimer

Oldtimer:

Front wheel drive or four wheel drive? Can't quite get used to the idea of front wheel drive Alfas.

A buddy of mine had one of the first Duetto's in the US & I wanted an Alfa ever since. Came close to buying a GTV, but ended up with a 3.8L Jag Mk II instead. Finally bought a Spyder in '87 and really DID NOT like the car AT ALL! Of course, it was pretty much an antique by then - another illusion shattered.

Eventually stepped up to a Porsche 928 - auto (well, 5 speed) nirvana!

James

Front wheel drive, which is sort of going back for me, lately I have been driving rear wheel drivers. I test drove the 88 spider (when new) and agree with you. Been working on a real antique, a 71 spider off and on as my garage queen. The 71 to 74 GTV's are a real joy to drive, and getting noticed again (prices going up).

Glad you like the 928, I remember when they came out, and of course when the one in risky business goes into the lake......I've always had a mid 70's 911 in the back of my mind, love air cooled vw's, so why not? I will have to get rid of a couple in the fleet to justify adding something else (plus have any space at all).