Italian engine-resize attempt

oldtimer

I downloaded the power tool resizer and could only manage to get the file size to 88kb. The size kept staying the same after hitting small on the resized pic twice. So I took the ms paint route and went 20% on stretch/skew and here it is: Well ok here it isn't. Having no luck with uploading right now....

post-15243-13819302039612_thumb.jpg

actually a couple hundred K is fine for file size. Take DPI down to 72 resolution and size around 6", save as a jpeg and you should have it.

What we're against is the wholesale uploading of multi-MB files right out of the camera. Takes too long to display and can lock up the computers of the modem-challenged.

Michael

Maybe the file size isn't the problem...For some reason, using the "Insert Image" doesn't work. This allows you to see the pic in your message before you post. Got to the "Options" tab and add the pic as an attachment. You won't be able to see the pic, but that worked like a snap for me. Unfortunately, if you try to add a second pic it will write over the first one.

Dale

I have been using the options tab method as you can see from my first post (I think you can see a file attached on the post). It is a weekend for the forum, uploading just would not complete. I'll try again: still won't upload, it stops about halfway. Could be from my end or a forum glitch if others are having difficulty around now.

Yeah I figured that after seeing a recent jt1stcav post. For some reason the upload gets stuck. Restart did not help, there have been isp problems recently so it might be the loving cable company again if it is not the browser, which seems to do everything else fine right now.

The link in your post has a 20% in the filename. This would mean there is a space between the name and the .jpg. Try removing the space and upload again. Spaces aren't usually a problem, but it might be this time.

Bruce

È bella!

Have you seen the newer Alfa 164's? Very nice looking car, especially when sporting wide performance tires. I think they would sell well here in the States, as long as there is a good dealer network for service. When I lived in Italy, I would see the government VIP-types being chauffered around in bullet-proof 164's all the time. They were easy to spot because they all had a little blue police light that they would keep flashing so traffic would clear out of their way.

I wonder if that would work here? [;)]

Dale

È bella!

Have you seen the newer Alfa 164's? Very nice looking car, especially when sporting wide performance tires. I think they would sell well here in the States, as long as there is a good dealer network for service. When I lived in Italy, I would see the government VIP-types being chauffered around in bullet-proof 164's all the time. They were easy to spot because they all had a little blue police light that they would keep flashing so traffic would clear out of their way.

I wonder if that would work here? [;)]

Dale

Seen pics of the newer 156's and 166's. Not sure of the design house but the new ones look super hot.