Experimental loudspeaker Paul never produced in quantity

kerryson

I recall about 1978 that Paul built about 12 of these speakers. It was a folding horn with

the mouth occupying the lower half of the cabinet. The drivers were a K-77, K-55V, and

his K-33 woofer. I believe the cornwall midrange horn was used. The crossover was

probably the standard Cornwall with adjustments made for cabinet considerations. I

believe it was called the L B. " Little Bast**d " Any info on this will be much appreciated !

Thanks, Kerryson

One of the forum members, a former Klipsch cabinet builder tells the story of Klipsch employees taking these out to play tunes for parties.... outdoor parties... large outdoor parties and the sound was clean and could be heard from far away.

Got any more Johny?

I talked to Trey about these after last year's outing. He said pretty much 'don't bother' I don't know if the bass extension was poor or response was rough. But they weren't technically that good.

But I still think they look bad@$$!

And I did take some good pix of it last year, but that hard drive isn't up and spinning right now. If anyone can get to last years Hope pix, theres a couple there.

M

Hi Bob ! Thanks for a great thread. I first met Paul in 1967. We drove out

to Hope and met him at the old factory. We picked up a pair of K-Horns

for one of my clients. He drives up in a 1957 Ford station wagon with a

rebuilt motor, complete with hobbs meter and an overdrive transmission.

He drives in fast and makes a hard right turn, creating a four wheel side

drift. That was quite a day! Thanks, Kerry

Now I know why this speaker is called what it's called. It's quite contrary to build. I've been working on a (pretty) "home" pair for the last 4 weeks.

Tony

What's the difficulty Tony?

I'm a stickler for precision. It's just a little difficult getting everything to measure out perfectly. With the other Heritage speakers, I could always go back and study the construction. With the LB, I don't have that luxury. I took measurements in Hope, but I wish I had one to "study" for an extended period of time.

Tony