Bought Bose, selling Klipschorns & La Scalas (Southern California)

J M O N

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this out for a dose of reality.

I just moved into a different office at work and am getting settled in. I can finally get decent FM reception in the new office so I am adding a bookshelf stereo. I have an old Denon receiver and pair of JBL bookshelf speakers that I can use but realize that at the volumes that I can listen while I work (and speaker placement, etc) that its just not worth it. I am settling on a Walmart Philips shelf system that my wife had when we met. It is just plain junk! So bad I can hardly explain. Anyway, I may, at the most, get a few hours in in the evening with my home system that I obsess over every day, and I now will be listening to this piece of crap 8 hours a day. Interesting result isn't it?

By the way, I but more equipment for people going to "those cool Bose systems" and always get the best deals when this is happening. My JBL L100T's and B&W DM3000's both came from people going to Bose.

Anyone out there wanting to dump their K Horns or Belles, I have a pair of Bose 2.1's that I will not even put in my office (I want to hide my shame). I was planning to put them in my garage but I could consiider a trade...

Chris

This all sounds logical and appropriate to me. I've got my eye on a Yorx all-in-one system on eBay. If I'm the lucky winner, I'll give my Mac integrated and Thorens TT the heave-ho.

Can I have your Mac Integrated for my Birthday?.......[:D]

Well, there sure are some smart folks on this forum. Although everything I've said above is true, I left many of the details out. Yet you've still been able to put most of the pieces together. Yes, the Bose speakers I bought came packaged in a car. Yes, that car happens to be a Corvette. Yes, I thought this would make this ad more interesting while at the same time maybe making it a bit more fun than the normal for sale thread.

Yes, I am selling the Klipschorns and La Scalas as mentioned. But don't fret for me. I'll still have plenty of speakers left with another set of Klipschorns remaining in my system (among others).

As far as the modifications I mentioned, the Bose speakers are not part of that plan. It's an aftermarket exhaust system that I am planning on getting better sound out of. The Vette isn't new, but it does have "Z" in it -- it's a uzed one.

There it is, that's the story and there should be no more surprises. Those interested in the speakers and that can pick them up can get in touch with me for further details.

[:P]

P.S. I'm still in the market for walnut oil Belles, so if anyone (relatively close by) is interested in a partial trade on either of these, just let me know.

Edit: Just to be clear, by partial trade I mean trading Khorns for Belles + $ difference (some amount that would be a fair difference) or La Scalas + $ (fair difference again) for Belles.

Well, there sure are some smart folks on this forum. Although everything I've said above is true, I left many of the details out. Yet you've still been able to put most of the pieces together. Yes, the Bose speakers I bought came packaged in a car. Yes, that car happens to be a Corvette. Yes, I thought this would make this ad more interesting while at the same time maybe making it a bit more fun than the normal for sale thread.

Yes, I am selling the Klipschorns and La Scalas as mentioned. But don't fret for me. I'll still have plenty of speakers left with another set of Klipschorns remaining in my system (among others).

As far as the modifications I mentioned, the Bose speakers are not part of that plan. It's an aftermarket exhaust system that I am planning on getting better sound out of. The Vette isn't new, but it does have "Z" in it -- it's a uzed one.

There it is, that's the story and there should be no more surprises. Those interested in the speakers and that can pick them up can get in touch with me for further details.

[:P]

Ah a z06 probably 2003/2004? hmmm the bose in the car is I guess some improvement over the standard system. my car also has a bose system but then again I did not modify the system and it came with it stock.

Did you buy an 06 Corvette???? No matter what, you have to do what's best for you...............

Easy now, cheap shot. How fast is that 911 SC 0 to 60?

No that wasn't a cheap shot, really was a legit question, remember how you spread your news when you got yours. If I gave a cheap shot, you'd know it, besides My manager and I can't be fuedin' before the big bout with seti........................the Porsche is wicked quick, time wise, I don't know...........................Did you see Eric Clapton yet?.....

JMON, a ZO6, the Greatest American Production Sports Car ever made, Awesome set of wheels. Boy, Khorns, and a ZO6, Joe Walsh is right," Life's been Good to Me so far", Good for You.......................C5 edition?..........Best of Luck with it...................You might know your speakers would be on the Left coast, shipping would kill us here on the Right coast...............Hey, JacksonBart, looks like I was right.................Keep it between the lines, rubber down!!..........

Did you buy an 06 Corvette???? No matter what, you have to do what's best for you...............

Easy now, cheap shot. How fast is that 911 SC 0 to 60?

No that wasn't a cheap shot, really was a legit question, remember how you spread your news when you got yours. If I gave a cheap shot, you'd know it, besides My manager and I can't be fuedin' before the big bout with seti........................the Porsche is wicked quick, time wise, I don't know...........................Did you see Eric Clapton yet?.....

Your right, you called it, sorry. Clapton is September. Not to worry you will take Seti in the 3rd round. Hey I have a great idea for a outfit you can wear in the ring. Are you a star trek fan?

JMON congrats. Z06, nice, a used 2006? 505 HP? You have got to post pictures, your gonna have a blast.

Thanks guys, but it actually isn't a Z06. Did I mention I got a uzed Corvette?

Cum on Guy, what did you get, spell it out? C5, or what, fill us in......................tease..................

Ok Oldbuckster, I'll speak. I guess you didn't buy the "uzed" comment, eh? Ok, I ended up getting a ZR-1. I've actually had it for several months now. Don't know how many will remember that model, probably only some of the older folks it seems.

You know, I can't just spill the beans all at once, or else this thread would've already been burried on page 5 by now. Clarence knows what I'm up to... [;)]

really, it is a hell of a way to get folks to look at your FS thread....

smart marketing.

[:D]

JMON. guess I'm older folk huh? That's cool a C4, that should drive and handle real sweet, probably a common sight on the Left coast, enjoy, ride the wave...................into the car show, cruise in scene? Funny thing about Corvettes, go to a car show, the Chevy guys don't want vettes there, change anything on the car, and the Corvette purists don't want you there, makes you feel like an orphan...........I am, so it never bothered me.........................Have fun, find an open road, and let her go..................yeah MON.............