Saw Def Leppard and Journey last night

wuzzzer

Unfortunately the acoustics at the Minneapolis Target center SUCK! Add to that the music was about twice as loud as it should have been and all the concert consisted of was muffled voices and ear-piercing piano and guitar shrieks.

The one thing that struck me was that at the beginning, some guy came out and played a guitar just by himself. He wasn't from Journey or Def Leppard and he played 3 songs. I have no idea who he was or what he was singing because I didn't recognize the songs and I couldn't understand any of the lyrics because of what I mentioned above. However, his acoustic guitar...sounded exactly like an acoustic guitar playing through my RF-7s!

I have a live CD from a local artist by the name of Martin Zellar. Its an acoustic concert recorded a few years ago. When I crank up the volume with that CD, the guitar sounded exactly as it did live last night.

Sorry to say that both Journey and Def Leppard neglected to play any acoustic songs.

I was just very impressed at how well Klipsch speakers can faithfully reproduce audio, especially live audio.

Was that an indoor venue? They are coming to Verizon amphitheatre very soon if not already, I think. I'll be out of town or I would be there.

Sorry to hear of the bad sound, was it the sound system or is the sound always horrible there?

Michael

Seen Def Leppard and Brian Adams last year when they did their minor league baseball stadium tour.

Awesome show. Def Leppard sounded great, what stunned me though was how friggen outstanding Brian Adams sounded. Considered going and seeing Jouney and Def Leppard when they come around but the drive this time is a bit more that I want to deal with. If Def Leppard was touring with someone that I liked more than Journey, I might consider it.

I've seen Aerosmith twice, Garth Brooks twice, Boston once and Kid Rock once at the same place and they all sounded great.

The performance by Def Leppard seemed really good. I think someone in the audio chain of command messed some things up big time. The drums sounded great, but the vocals, guitars and piano sounded horrible. It was a fun concert at least.