Tech Questions for Trip to Factory at end of July

Hello All,

I'm going to Little Rock on 29 July and sometime during the following week I am going to run down and visit the factory in Hope. I personally have a number of technical questions related to refurbishing my Heresy's. Inasmuch as I'll be there all day, if anyone has any appropriate questions they want me to ask about, please let me know via regular email at ocsosheriff1@okeechobee.com. I'll make a list and when I get back on the 9th of August, I'll post a reply on this thread. Last minute questions?, call me at 863-634-7038 (my cell) and I'll write 'em down.

Later, V/R Marshall Muros

Hey, that's pretty cool if one can just show up and start asking questions on a 1 to 1 basis. [:o] [H]

Have you tried posting these technical questions in the Technical and/or Updates & Modifications forum? I'm sure some here would welcome the challenge or at least offer thoughtful input & suggestions. [8-|]

• Klipsch Employees

Do you know someone there? If not you may have a hard time finding anyone to talk to.

The folks in the plant that do finish work will not have the time to talk.

On the audio side, There is only one guy there that may could help you. I don't know that he will have time. Just showing up will get you a key to the museum so you can look around. But, that may be the extent of it.

Update....

As far as "showing" up unnanounced, that of course would be a "not good" idea. In March, I had called Klipsch about locating a particular "finish" on a restoration project, and during that conversation I asked about visiting the factory. At that point, I was advised that I could ask for an appointment to visit the factory and take a tour. Many years ago I visited the factory, and wanted to take my son to see where "dad's really big speakers" come from...

That being said, when I called again today to see if a certain day was "ok", I was unfortunately advised that they no longer have tours due to OSHA regulations.

So......... That ends that idea.... Go to the Museum and be happy.

As far as the intention; it was not to take a list of questions that could/ should otherwise be more germane to the Forum(s). I was only offering to ask certain questions for several forum members that had very particular questions about certain models that someone at the factory could answer.

As an example, I have a couple of very specific questions about the finish on cabinets and was going to ask to speak with someone in that department when I'm in the area. I'm getting ready to spray black laquer and wanted some specific "guidance" when it hits raw birch....

Probably the best thing to do (now that tours are not given as in the past), is cancel this "thread", and apologize for getting anyone's hopes up that I may have figured out some way to access the factory.

Later, and regards to all