Well, I did it. I really did it.

Clarence

thanks jt1stcav,

I have been a/bing the st-70 against my ss reciever for a few months now. There is nothing wrong with the st-70, it just does not have enough headroom or "slam" for the music I listen to. I will not be happy to part with it. However, as far as I'm concerned, it is a 500 dollar bill sitting in my rack. I really got a smoking deal on my NAD components, but if I sell the st-70 and sb3, I will have covered half of my bill at American Theater

http://www.amsound2.com/

the sb3 is a great little piece of technology. The reason I bought it was to be able to access my 23000 mp3s. Remember the story about all of my CD's being stolen? Well, I have found that I do not have the time or paitence to rip, properly tag, and organize all of my digital music. it is a daunting task to do 5000, let alone 23000.

Enter Amazon.com, and there great selection of well priced cd's. in the past few months, I have created a nice little collection of original cd's. I just preffer the format.

I guess Iwas a victim of all the tube threads 6 months ago. SS is where its at.

C

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your decision is cool with me, Clarence. Your music through your ears is all that matters, and if you prefer SS sound with your Klipsch, then all the more reason to collect on that 500 dollar bill sitting on your rack![;)]

I certainly like quality SS amps myself...if I hadn't gone the SET route, I would've kept my SS McIntosh MC7200 or MC250 (my personal favorite with my Cornwalls)! If I was to sell my 300B SET amp right now, I'd be perfectly content driving any loudspeakers with SS McIntosh![Y]

Great choice on the NAD, I've had my C162 and C272 for a few months now, absolutely love them. I'll eventually get the C542 and maybe one day work my way upto some Cornwall III's as well, but for now I'm running a pair of F-3s

1%20%28Small%29.jpg

Great choice on the NAD, I've had my C162 and C272 for a few months now, absolutely love them. I'll eventually get the C542 and maybe one day work my way upto some Cornwall III's as well, but for now I'm running a pair of F-3s

Welcome back RTTR! long time no see! Like the avatar?

Maybe you can help me, what kind of cable connects the 12v trigger between the components? Does it come in the box?

Thanks!

Maybe you can help me, what kind of cable connects the 12v trigger between the components? Does it come in the box?

Thanks!

RTTR was angry with some forum members and said he would not return. But I threw some burning pieces of wood into his fox hole and smoked him out [:P]

Thanks!

Nah, doesn't come with the 12v trigger cable in the box, I went to Radioshack and bought a 6' (too long but works) mono 1/8" to mono 1/8" cable, there is a direct link to it in my system profile.

Thanks for the pic's, Jay!

Intial review of the HIII's, KSW12, and NAD components. I may use a few of those "audiophile" terms here, so dont laugh.

Ink black background, even at 1/2 power and up.

I have the sub crossed right around 50hz. The rest of the sound is coming from the 3's. I had it a little to high last night, and it sounds much better.

IMAGING. I had a frend over, and asked him where the sound was coming from. He pointed at my HT center! (of course it wasn't on!)

CLEAN, even at 12:00, I know it can go further, but cant imaging needing to!

I think the serreted plastic ring around the chassis at the volume pot is a bit cheesy.

I am pissed they dont include the 12 volt trigger wire with the seperates. NAD told me to call my dealer. I stopped at Rat Shack and they only had 6foot cables, 1/8 mini to 1/8 mini. $5 a piece! nothankyou.

Man that KSW 12 helps out with two channel! That thing is a lifesaver, but I still need to work on the setup. I dont want to notice it!

Its everything I've ever wanted. Once the black 3's get here monday, IT WILL BE COMPLETE.

Thanks for all your great comments!!