Paradigm

I have a house full of Paradigm. My HT/DVDA/SACD is all studio Reference version 2. I have Studio 60's for the mains, 2 studio centers, studio Dipoles for the surrounds and Studio 20's for the rears. I then have a pair of Studio 100's for 2 channel. I use the PW2200 sub for the HT and the Servo 15 for the 2 channel. I am using Anthem MCA amplification at 225wpc X 7 for the HT and McIntosh amps for the 2 channel. They are not as efficient as Klipsch but they do have a very nice sound. It is enough to fill a 30X30ft room. Definately worth taking a listen to. I am not familiar with the RF-83, so I couldn't give you a comaprison. I switch back and forth on the 2 channel between the Studio 100's and my Belles

I don't feel the tweeter is "agressive", but then I run 3 pairs of Ionovac gas plasma tweeters on top of my Belles and also for the 100's (same 3 pairs) Maybe my hearing is worse than I thought?? I have owned the 100's longer than the Belles but haven't done a side by side comparison without the Ionovacs, I will have to try that

I set the GF up with a pair of Paradigm Mini Monitors V3...tried to get her into the RB-5s but on a/b'ing them at lower volume...they are quite similar...turn the volume up a bit (with Nakamichi SS gear-STASIS) and there was no contest...she preferred the Paradigms becuase the Cherry finish matched her furniture better than the Mahogany of the RB-5s and the Paradigms were a bit smaller and easier to move about...IMO (and her's but not enough to change) the Klipsch totally "eKlipsch" the Paradigm...YMMV

Bill

Lot of difference between the monitor line and the studio line. IMHO no comparison and actually I think the version 2 studio was much better than the current version 3. They made major changes in the tweeter in the version 3

but then just my opinion and yada yada yada