Bought my first LP's today.

Clarence

Hey all let me know how I did.

Fleetwood Mac Rumors - WB - Fair condition, Original Sleeve

Tchaikovsky - Standards - Unknown Manufacturer - New Condition

Styx - Paradise Theatere - AM - Mint Condition

Chicago - America? - Coulumbia - New Condition

Chicago - Unknown - 2 LP Set - Columbia - New Condition w / Inserts (Chicago 1??)

Bob Seger - Night Moves - Capitol - Mint Condition

Neil Diamond - Tap Root - Universal - Good Condition

6 bucks. Did I get anything good?

I was clearing out LPs the other night and found a copy of that Stxy LP. The second side has a nifty design on the vinyl. Does yours also?

BTW - All those LPs can be found at the local thrift shops for a buck or less so the price you paid is about average. As long as you didn't have to pay shipping charges and you like the music, don't worry what ebay says. I have a boatload of worthless LPs (according to ebay) but I enjoy them very much.

Yeah mine does too! I did a double take at first, thought it was water damage... Any advice on a table to try, something mid-line that I wont get bored with in a month? But wont regret spending a couple hundred on? I saw a entry level Sony, new, for $80.00, but I wonder how it sounds...

I got them thrifting today, hell of a way to spend a few hours. I had alot of fun, and it only cost me 6 bucks!

Thanks Gary!

Bob Seger is always good..............Fleetwood Mac is good IF your a Fleetwood fan...........the rest of them ...................PULL.........................

Clarence I do not recommend vinyl............old stuff, been there, done that, BUT do not buy a cheap turntable..........you'll be sorry in the end..............Listen to the Vinyl Guys they know good Turntables...........spend good money, get a good table.............Buy cheap today, replace it tomorrow.................a good cartridge is important too.................again, it holds true, So Many choices.................Many here have nice Vinyl set-ups, pick their brains before you jump......................Hell Man,you'll jump in deep I bet..........Go slow.............Hope your not on wooden floors.......................turntables belong on cement floors...........speaking from fact....................Good Luck....................................

I went to a flea market the other day and checked out one of the vendors who was selling stacks of vinyl albums. Most of the pop stuff was marked between $5 to $7. Now in the $1 bin were some fine classical vinyl albums with labels from Decca and RCA Red Seal etc. I bought the lot (around 20). I'm glad the flea market vendors have no idea what they're selling.

Hey, oldbuckster! This................... stuff.................. must be really contagious.........! I'm glad I've got the Pacific Ocean between us otherwise ol' Duke might try to spead the virus. [;)]

He's entitled to his opinion.............I happen to share it............but, did I not tell clarence to pick those Vinyl guy's brains for a good turntable...............those guys know...........how you listen to your music is up to you..........not me...............but ......I do know a cheap table causes more trouble than what it's worth..........

I too love going to Goodwill and garage sales and picking up old LP's for a buck. If they sound bad, I just let the kids use them as a frisbee. Most of them sound just fine though.

Since you might have just come into about, say, $550, you could get a descent TT. Wouldn't go with the 90 buck sony from best buy, prob. soundeth like crapeth.

Good luck huntin. I bought LP's for years before I finally got a TT.

Paul

Find a nice used Thorens TD160/165, etc. Slap on a Grado Green or Shure M97 and it'll smoke that POS Sony or even an entry level ProJect or Music Hall. It'll cost about $200 and you'll be a happy camper. Just make sure you have a phono stage to connect it to.

I dunno, Kevin. You put those on, yeah yer as powerful as a locomotive, but you're as fast as a speeding bullet. Might not be OK with the ladies.....................................Oops, nodded off again and my nose hit the period button (.).