around 10' of cable also per speaker. Surround speakers are rs-10

and will use about 50' of cable each. Was reading in the manual

about recommended speaker wire gauge and it says 16. Is lower

better or will there not be any noticeable difference? I had a

lower gauge and better wire on my towers before i moved everything

around and now have 16 gauge and believe also cheap brand of wire and I

can tell a noticeable difference. Any help would be much

appreciated.

16 should be fine, if you think the longer run needs 14 gauge that's fine too, The real question is what size will your power unit accept.............Many will tell you Home Depot, or Lowes is good for wire............Take a couple of minutes and search Amazon for deals on wire.............Any wire 16 gauge or lower should be fine..........Some even use big rolls of CAT 5 wire, twisted together........I have never tried it

Without a flaming discussion from all sides.. do this.

Stay with the same size all around.. 12 guage is pretty normal for most in here.

You can spend THOUSANDS, trust me, on wire..?? Can u hear it... or can't you.... is debatable? And do we really want a wire changing the sound good or bad? OK, I will shut up.

I used 12 guage shielded Monster cable myself. I am pretty sure they had 12, 14, 16 at the local hardware store Menards. I purchased it on a BIG Monster Cable spools at I am sure a discount had I been to best buy or my local stereo store. I am happy with the results.. and I pulled it through cunduit.. you can always use extra fo anything else you might use or get around to later.. The stuff is OK to use in walls, fire rated, and seemed to be great for my application. Good Luck..

Run what cha got! 16 is fine, 14 or 12 for much longer runs. I replaced my no name, 20 year old 16 gauge wire with super flexable 10 gauge O2 free wire and heard NO difference. The 10 gauge wire is a good quality wire that I bought at my local electronics store for $35/ 50 feet. Other than it looks cool, there is no difference.

twisted1272: I pretty much agree with my fellow members here: 16 gauge stranded is fine. I prefer to use 12 gauge stranded, but that's just my personal preference. Brands don't matter to me. Use what you can afford. Whatever you do use, I recommend using the same gauge size on all of the speakers, regardless of the length of the run.

Most importantly: OBSERVE PROPER WIRING POLARITY!!! Welcome to the forum! Have fun and good luck! -Glenn

AVOID THIS!.....

post-10177-1381930792938_thumb.jpg