My Home Theater -- 6 Years in the making!

reads

Hello to all! I finally finished my home theater this year after many years of purchasing equipment. I hope to post a PIC someday but I'll give you the specs.

My main speakers are Klipsch EPIC CF-3's that I purchased in 1996. My center channel is a KV-3.

My surrounds are Twin Academys. My sub is an SW-12.

I used to run The KV-3 and one Academy (in )as my Center Channels (above and below my Sony 35" v-series). I found another Academy in a store this year and I had to buy it. I got it home and the serial number was consecutive with my original Academy I purchased in 1994. How lucky could I be.

My six Klipsch speakers are all in Walnut Oil finish.

My system includes:

SONY STR-GA9ES RECIEVER (5.1 PASS THROUGH)

SONY C601ES CD PLAYER

JVC HR S-7200U SVHS VCR

KENWOOD 820R LASERDISC PLAYER

TOSHIBA 3108 DVD PLAYER (DD DECODER)

MILLENIUM DTS DECODER

AUDIO ALCHEMY DAC-IN-THE-BOX (FOR 820R)

AUDIO ALCHEMY DTI AND EXTENDED DIGITAL PLOCESSOR (DAC)

USED FOR AUDIO CD'S FROM 3108 AND C601)

AUDIO CONTROL C101 EQ ( USED ON SURROUND CHANNELS)

My home theater room is 30lX15wX8h.

Thanks for letting me brag.

Scott

quote:

Originally posted by reads:

Hello to all! I finally finished my home theater this year after many years of purchasing equipment. I hope to post a PIC someday but I'll give you the specs.

My main speakers are Klipsch EPIC CF-3's that I purchased in 1996. My center channel is a KV-3.

My surrounds are Twin Academys. My sub is an SW-12.

Ok Scott.. I have to tell you that you don't want to be using those Academy's for surround speakers. They just aren't what you should be using. In fact, you should be selling one of them off to me so I can use it for my Front Center channel! cwm27.gif

hehehe... I desperately need an Academy center! AIIIEEE!!! lol

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

Fronts: Cornwalls (2)

Center: KLF-C7 (1)

Rears: RS-3's (2)

Sub: AudioSource SW-15

Rear Center: Umm...any suggestions?

AMP: Sony STR-DB1070 6.1

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD

http://www.ravenimaging.com/bobl/audioequip

"tingues", of course, being the southern Florida Pentacostal equivalent of the "speaking in tongues" other evangelical religions sometimes do.

reads,

which of the Audio Alchemy widgets are you using? I have an AA DtiPRO (the original series, not the Pro32 that came when the original chipset became unavailable) hooked between my Toshiba SD3109 DVD player and my Adcom GDA converter. Are you using one of the AA D/A converters, and if so do you have them connected with the i2s (eye squared es) bus?

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

How much do Academys go for on the market today?

Anyway Ray, my audio alchemy pieces are a set. The first piece is a Digital transmission interface (dti) that has one coax input, one toslink input, one i2s output, and one coax output. My extended digital processor (d/a converter) only has one input (the i2s bus). I use a power station 4.cwm35.gif

Scott

quote:

Originally posted by reads:

How much do Academys go for on the market today?

Anyway Ray, my audio alchemy pieces are a set. The first piece is a Digital transmission interface (dti) that has one coax input, one toslink input, one i2s output, and one coax output. My extended digital processor (d/a converter) only has one input (the i2s bus). I use a power station 4.
cwm35.gif

Scott

Depends. Are you willing to sell them off? I'm seriously interested in one if you're considering selling them. I don't really know what they're going for on the market today because you rarely ever see on on the market. I'm sure that if you wanted to sell them both off and replace them, you'd have eager buyers right here. If I had them and I was going to sell them, I'd probably auction them on Ebay and post links to the auctions here.

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

Fronts: Cornwalls (2)

Center: KLF-C7 (1)

Rears: RS-3's (2)

Sub: AudioSource SW-15

Rear Center: Umm...any suggestions?

AMP: Sony STR-DB1070 6.1

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD

http://www.ravenimaging.com/bobl/audioequip

• 2 weeks later...