Klipsch Buys API Mirage Athena Energy!

efzauner

Danm Klipsch, API is a hell of a company (tons of R&D, very large product base, etc.) and now it is all yours!!!

I wonder what the long term goals are of buying Jamo, and now API.

As a side note, Klipsch Synergy and Athena are sold in Best Buy, Klipsch Reference (next few weeks) and Mirage are sold in Magnolia inside of Best Buy, hmmmm...

Anyway, cool deal.

having spent some time in the audio retail industry, my feeling is that Klipsch needs to be big enough and have a large enough product line to be able to be a supplier to the big box stores. Klipsch by itself is still considered a high quality, but niche brand. In order to sell larger volumes to the big boxes you need low end speakers too. I do not think that Klipsch wants to lower the brand image of the Klipsch line. Jamo is also not that well known or recognised here. So with the 3 lines, they have a broad product line to offer to big box stores and specialty stores.

having spent some time in the audio retail industry, my feeling is that Klipsch needs to be big enough and have a large enough product line to be able to be a supplier to the big box stores. Klipsch by itself is still considered a high quality, but niche brand. In order to sell larger volumes to the big boxes you need low end speakers too. I do not think that Klipsch wants to lower the brand image of the Klipsch line. Jamo is also not that well known or recognised here. So with the 3 lines, they have a broad product line to offer to big box stores and specialty stores.

I think it was a very shrewd and bold move on Klipsch's part, a move that a few years down the road will open up a whole new world for the company. It's all fine and good, that people buy Used Klipsch speakers, what does that do for Klipsch, free advertisment, maybe, does it increase their profits, doubt it. New sales generate profits, profits are what business is geared for.......Simple. Good Job by Klipsch.......Smart Business plan, and Well thought out strategy for future growth..................

• 1 month later...

The aquisition these very highly regarded companies is a great move by Klipsch. They have consolidated themselves in all corners of the market and are following the adage of "diversify or die". A big conglomerate can more easily ride out the economic storms that batter our coasts from time to time. Unfortunately some of the smaller niche audio companies from the UK weren't as smart. Look at Rogers, Mission, Quad and Wharfedale to name a few. These legendary names have been swallowed up by offshore concerns. Rogers, for example, has been purchased by a Hong Kong based company. They were selling in the South east Asian market only, but have now started selling the Rogers brand back in England! But these new Rogers aren't a patch on the originals - they're mass produced in Chinese factories...