Klipsch CF1 Any opinions?

dtximages

I had a pair of CF3's here for a while that compared favorably with CW and ChorusII. They really rocked. One possible problem is that the CF's were built with woofers using a neodynium magnet and I don't know if any of that line are available as replacements from Klipsch (I think the 3 and 4 woofers are out of stock at least).

Sounds like a fair price. I think that is a very nicely designed line of Klipsch speakers.

Michael

I have a pair of CF-2's that I really like. Great bass from the dual 8" and a 2" tweeter. Crossovers are 3 times as big as my KG 5.5's They were $1500. new. I think the 1's were just a little less. Great speaker, under appreciated imho. I just upgraded to the Chorus II's as I prefer the 3-way sound but I won't sell the CF2's. Enjoy, you got a good buy.

I found a pair of CF-4's in "cherry finish" a few months ago out of the local classifieds. Guy had bought them new on 10-28-95 at Classic Stereo & Video in Grand Rapids, MI.

I believe they are the so-called version 2, and after experimenting with different receivers, found that my vintage Sansui 2000A (35 wpc) drives them nicely. The receivers that didn't work as well were lacking bass and had shrill highs. These huge beasts are currently in my 11 x 18 carpeted basement room, about 7 feet apart. Excellent sound on nearly all types of music, altho I prefer rock and harder metal.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy more of the Epic line if available locally. Hope yours work out for you!

NP - U.D.O. - Solid