CDs that auto-run some garbage in a PC piss me off

damonrpayne

easy to fix,

click on the my computer icon

once the my computer icon opens, right click on your cd drive icon, select properties

select the autoplay tab at the top,

once on the autoplay tab, in the actions box, click on the select action to perform, then select the take no action icon

click on apply

problem will be fixed

easy to fix, click on the my computer icon once the my computer icon opens, right click on your cd drive icon, select properties select the autoplay tab at the top, once on the autoplay tab, in the actions box, click on the select action to perform, then select the take no action icon click on apply problem will be fixed

Thanks I just did it. I've got two drives probally leave the other alone. Mine was prompt me each time to choose an action.

A windows software developer by trade, I'm well aware of the various options. The fact is I LIKE my CD to start playing music as soon as I pop it in, I'm wearing headphones about 3 hours a day at work. I'm more upset at these dickheads for putting the stuff on there, getting in the way of my music auto play.

Ah, then there is another alternative...

I too find the autoplay crap very annoying, but I remember reading that there is a way to get your cd-rom to not notice the multi-format discs. I wanna say I read about it here:

http://www.videohelp.com/

(ya, they do audio related stuff too).

In the very rare occasion that you might want to access the extra data you can easily turn the thing off and access it like normal.

I really wish I could remember more about it - I just have auto everything turned off on my computer and so just glossed over the article.