Custom wall unit finally installed - YIPPEE!

Tom Adams

Well gang, here it is. After almost 6 months of waiting, my custom wall unit is finally installed and all my equipment finally has a permanent home.

The equipment includes:

Mitsubishi WT-46807

Denon AVR-3300

Sony CDP-C350Z 5-disc CD player

Toshiba SD3109 dual tray DVD player

Sony SLV-780HF VHS video deck

Nakamichi 480 cassette deck

Klipsch Heresy LF & RF

Klipsch RC-3 center

Klipsch RS-3 surrounds

Klipsch KSW-15 sub

And yes, my cherished Cornwalls have found their new home in the vaccuum cleaner room awaiting a tube amp and my dual turntable.

BTW, the wife commented that the width dimensions of the Heresy's didn't seem to fit the space on either side of the wall unit real well. My response was, "Yeah, I know. That's cause I sized it for the dimensions of the RF series."

Then I ran. Smile.gif

Tom Adams

ps: Sorry Fini - the wife had all my socks in the wash, so none are in photo. Wink.gif

This message has been edited by Tom Adams on 11-18-2001 at 06:30 PM

Wait a minute here. You have a pair of Corns, but you didn't accommodate their dimensions into the design of this wall unit? What's up with that?

Beautiful wall unit, BTW.

------------------

1 pair Mahogany KLF-30s

1 Mahogany KLF-C7

1 pair Walnut 1977 Heresys

This message has been edited by Mr. Blorry on 11-18-2001 at 10:02 PM

Very nice, Tom! Who did the work on the cabinets? I was also wondering if your Heresy's have risers? And last but not least, who makes the TV and what size is it?

Mike

Edit: DOH! Never mind on the TV as I just read your equipment list...

------------------

My Music Systems

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 11-19-2001 at 08:25 AM

Thanks guys for the compliments. I had a couple of issues with the final product, but nothing I couldn't live with.

What you can't see is all the nice cable routing provisions they made, how they re-attached electrical wall outlets & cable outlet to the back of the base cabinet instead of just cutting access holes, and the nice rollout shelves (behind center 4 doors) for the equipment. The installers also made sure the base cabinet was level in both directions and square before attachment to the wall.

aab3rd - the sub is to the right on the other side of the fireplace. It's not the optimum location, but will do for now. Actually, the optimum spot is to the left of the opening in the photo. It's a corner that's juuuust big enough for??? An SVS sub. Smile.gif

Mr. Blorry - I aquired the Cornwalls after the contract for the wall unit was signed and the design decided. Besides, the wife was very definitive about the asthetics of the wall unit. And since she's never griped about my spending our money on my audio stuff....well, I think you get the picture. Hell, she's even letting me use another room in the house for audio only! Don't worry - next house will have my Cornwalls as the main attraction.

Mike - Yeah, my Heresy's have the 1 inch risers.

Tom Adams

This message has been edited by Tom Adams on 11-19-2001 at 12:50 PM

Lots of room on those shelves for sock storage, Tom! Throw the dirty ones behind the Heresys...helps with the bass.

I used to install cabinets for a living in Marin County, CA. Yours look great! The colors in your house look surprisingly close to those in my recently remodeled living room. Nice!

fini