Klipsch Complete :)

NOSValves

Well my Livingroon is now Klipsch complete. I just setup my KSW-15 sub , SC-1 Center and Quintet Satilites with my Sony STR-DE975 reciever and let me say I'm impressed. Last night we watched and listened in total awe to Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" on DVD DTS. Man its hard to believe such awesome sound can come out of such small sats.

Well anyway's can some of you Guru's help me tune this reciever for the Klipsch combo I have. Right now I have all the crossovers set to 120. all Speakers set to small. The room this is in is only 12' X 12'. To me movies sound awesome as it is. But CD music is lacking is there anything I can do to improve the CD music sound. My Promedia 5.1s will blow the HT setup in the dirt at regular Music.

Well when I say music is lacking. I'm meaning regular CD music it doesn't use the 5 channels to its fullest potential. When listening to DVD Music videos like Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" in DTS or Bruce Springsteen Live in New York Dobly "Digital" this setup will rock the promedia's to death. But at regular PCM stereo signals its not even close to the pro's playing MP3's or CD's with my Philips AE sound card.

NOS - I think you're saying that playing stereo CDs through your Sony is not yielding any output in the rear/center channels, is that right? I'm not experienced with Sony's, but my Denon requires me to put it in 5-channel stereo mode before it will use the rears/center for output with stereo sources. Do you need to do the same with your Sony?

Anyone with Sony experience around to help him out?

Doug

This message has been edited by dougdrake2 on 11-19-2001 at 01:55 PM

I believe with my Sony it has factory preset sound fields for the music such as Hall, Concert, Live house and such. I use them for DVD's in DTS and Dolby Digital and they sound great. With a PCM/Stereo signal they work also and output to the rears but not the center channel. I think this is the difference maybe. I'm starting to think I should of did a little more research before I purchased the sony receiver.

Does anyone else have experience with a sony 975 receiver ?

any particular reason you want to listen to regular cd's through all 5 speakers?

regular cd's are not intended for 5-channel sound...

your DTS or DVD-audio on the other hand, is.

Any time you play a regular CD through a receiver's soundfields, you will lose some of the original sound (you'll notice less bass, mostly).

Play regular CD's with no soundfield. Just straight-up 2 channel. That's the way it was meant to be played.

Especially with Sony receivers. Their built-in DSP's (Digital Sound Processors) suck, to put it plainly.

------------------

Front: dbx Soundfield V -5-way w/15" woofers

Center: KLF C7

Rear Surround: Polk RT f/x bipole/dipole

Amp: Yamaha RX-V990 100x3; 25x2

DVD: Yamaha DVD S795 (built-in DD Processor)

CD: Yamaha CDC 575 5-Disc

VCR: Toshiba M752 6-head

TV: Mitsubishi 40" Tube

DirecTV

Sony Playstation connected to V990 for awesome gaming picture & sound!

try 'live house' for cd's-if you want 4-channel surround for music. there is no 5-ch 'music' surr.mode for sony receivers. i usually listen in stereo. the strde 975 is a nice receiver for the price. !! BE SURE TO TRY A 6.1 ENCODED DVD IN 'VIRTUAL MATRIX 6.1'...you WILL be amazed!! avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 32"tv and sharp xv-z1u lcd projector

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

a 'teens' sub coming!(RSW-15 LOOKIN'GOOD!)

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!