New England

PhilMays

Over Thanksgiving we are going to travel to Vermont, New Hampshire. We decided to drive and have considered staying at the Equinox Hotel. Any suggestions on someplace out of the way yet very nice. We have also wanted to Dog Sled which we did not get to do in Alaska last month. Does anyone know if that is active in Late November?

Thanks

Phil

Over Thanksgiving we are going to travel to Vermont, New Hampshire. We decided to drive and have considered staying at the Equinox Hotel. Any suggestions on someplace out of the way yet very nice. We have also wanted to Dog Sled which we did not get to do in Alaska last month. Does anyone know if that is active in Late November?

Thanks

Phil

The Equinox Hotel in Manchester Vermont.?..........Dog sledding....too early.....Maybe up on top of Bromley........Be careful, you are coming up to my turf......You must be a man of wealth and taste to choose the Equinox Hotel........Need info.....I might be able to help....

Hi OB,

That is the hotel indeed. Thought it may be early for dog sledding. I like the "out of the way" places that are still nice. Not too much into B & B's though. We may even conssider Maine for fresh lobster.

As far as wealth goes. Someone will always have way more money (no matter how much or little on has) than me, so that all realitive. For the taste part...I have been accused by some rather intelegent people that I have none which was to include, I gathered, class and style!

Ha..I have Klipsch speakers so that is the argument for taste!

Thanks for your input!

Phil

If you look on the map, to the left of Manchester Vt. in New York you will see Salem, N.Y. that's where I grew up, and that Friday after Thanksgiving I'll be in West Rupert, Vt. it's 15 minutes away from Manchester............If you need any information about the area please feel free to ask, willing to help in any way I can........I'm serious....anything I can help you with......lay it on me...........Enjoy your trip to God's Country.......the Northeast in the Fall is just breathtaking.............

Oh I can help you! I grew up in Peru (just up the mountain from Manchester) and went to high school in Manchester and I go back there regularly as I still have family in the area. The Equinox is a very nice hotel (and really the only "true" hotel in the area) but you can throw a dart and hit numerous b&b's and small motels in the area.

There may be snow on Thanksgiving, it is not uncommon. Bromley tries to make it's season Thanksgiving to Easter. I doubt you will find enough snow for dog sledding but some of the operations offer dog carting in the summer so you may still be able to do some sort of activity.

The weather that time of year can be spotty. Most likely it will be in the 40's and raining. However you can get some really nice sunny days too. Thanksgiving is well past the "leaf peeping" season. The peak time is usally at the start of October.

If you need any other information just post back here.

Laters,

Jeff

EQ............A Salem, N.Y. lad myself......How did you end up in Texas, that's a few miles away, Phil has so many options while he's in that area.......Hey Bud, as you leave Manchester heading up to Bromley Mountain, ever hang at the Roundhouse? When was the last time you were there..........this is most interesting to oldbuckster...most interesting indeed.....almost like Homies.......EH!!!!...[;)]

We are very much looking forward to our trip. I personally would rather go to New Hampshire as it seems to be more mountainous. Any thoughts on hotels and areas there?

Phil

Think about the Keene N.H. area, right about mid way ........Vermont one way......New Hampshire the other.........Maine a couple of hours away........good base of operations for your trip............Just a thought...................

We are going to do this over Thanksgiving. At first we were going to fly, and still may. However, our latest thought was to drive up.

Khorn51, that sounds like what I would enjoy! I'm not sure we will have the time to meander with such few days. That is how I like to see the country side though. My wife is more of a "get in the plane and get there" person.

Again, our latest thought is to drive though. This way we can see the country side that I aways fly over.