HELP

ken kaz

Need more info. Can you describe the failure mode? What does it do or not do? Does it move? Does it make any noise at all? Are the wires connected?

What specifically is a seized woofer? Did someone take it from you and claim it as their own?[;)]

Mark1101, that is so cruel, but funny[:D]

A K-33-B from my original pair of KC-BB's seized a few weeks ago (really, locked up tight!), but I arrested it, charged it with failure to work when asked, and threw it in the jail dumpster for life....[:P].

Over time, the nickel/chrome plating on the cylinder interiorwall just peeled and caught. It was 27 years old, and had faithfully served after been dragged around all over the world.[:(]

In re: Help; In any event, I agree with Mark, check everything and the connector wires from the crossover if you can. If you can, swap it with the other side and see if it works in the other speaker, etc. Isolate the problem. Be thankful it's not a K-33 from a K'horn.... That's a pain.

You can also disconnect it and use a multimeter and check the resistance. I don't recall what it should be, but assuming you've isolated it as the speaker itself, unless other members have other potential solutions, send an email to Bob Crites and see if he has any ideas or advice.

Well, line 'em up, read them their rights, and if they even think about it, bust 'em[;)]

The problem I had was related to Florida's humidity. We moved here after the military and after about 10 years started having all kinds of oxidation problems on contacts, speaker wire corrosion, etc. [:'(] After the BIG argument with my wife over the minimal savings on the electric bill by setting it at 78-80 during the day..., and after looking at the repair bills for the equipment due to oxidation and other failures, I finally put my foot down and it stays at 76 24/7. Result, the problems have ceased. [:)] By then, however, the damage to the K-33 was done and it was just a matter of time.

The older, the more susceptible probably. I'd pay "perticler tenshun to them 77' LaScalas". [;)]

The metal cylinder that is inside the voice coil shifted .....completley binding the voice coil. i have no idea how this happened.

i need a new one. klipsch wants 100 bucks for a 10 inch (not identical model) any idea where i can get one?

a set of quartets just cold on ebay for $250 i should have just bought those.

• Like 1