Altec lovers- mastering lab big reds

sheltie dave

One of my all time favorite studio moniters many many top albums were masterd through BIG REDS.

I Have been lookng for one Big red for awile now to make a pair out of my solo big red, But three altec reds would be cool with the supers right left and big red center..

I have a older set of vintage altec 604b moniters I use to mix when I want that 50/60 sound. Most of the Beatles if not all were mixed on altec not a bad speaker at all. I just got the Book recroding the beatles they sure love the altecs.

Guy, I was thinking of you when I posted these. I remembered you and another member had gone after the last one on EBay a while back. and that he ended up winning them.

I just hope this set is not tainted by spurious bidding like most of the significant speakers in the last six months. The Hartsfields in Florida dropped 5K in bids after a couple losers figured out what the reserve price was. A Metregon and a Paragon both had dummy bid runup/withdrawals as well, and a set of Tannoys had two shillers.

Dave,

Thanks for thinking of me. Anyway, I've sold my "big reds" just before I moved back to Israel. I'm using a pair of 604K's which IMO, sound a little bit better.

The last pair of original "super reds" that were sold on ebay, reached over $2500. I guess that these will sell for $2-3K but shipping these would be very costly so it might affect the final price.