Not sure

stereomaniac

I am evaluating the Klipsch RF-52s and I have some questions. I have read that the sweet spot with the horn tweeter is very narrow or much more so than a soft dome tweeter. I was also wonder about flexability. These speakers would be used as a stand alone pair to listen to movies and music. I would be driving them with a 100 watt Kyocera integrated amp. I am not a big bass fan nor do I listen to my stuff really loud. I am I ok with the RF-52s or is there a better choice?

If you don't feel like you need a speaker that digs deeper at the bottom than buy the 52's -- I'm sure it will sound great. Personally, for a couple of hundred more I would go ahead and get the 62's :)

Toe them in until they are pointing at your chair -- they'll image just fine.

I listened to the 52s and they had plenty of bass in the showroom which is much bigger than my living room. I just don't need that 25 Hz thud on my chest.

My listening position would be a sofa and chairs. Everyone in those positions should be able to get good sound. I don't want to have to point the speakers to a specfic location and lose the sweet spot as soon as I step out of a 5' diameter sphere. The Phase Technology soft dome tweeters had a nice wide sound stage. I don't want to get tunnel vision if you know what I mean.

That controlled horn directivity works well for room acoustics in my opinion. You will hear people say this, you will hear people say that, but more direction in the tweeter prevents more of it bouncing off your walls, assuming they are equidistant (are they?) and makes a more room forgiving speaker in that regard. I would say stop listening to what people say and listen to the speaker, sounds like your more than half way there. Good luck.

While our horn coverage patterns are intended to limit reflection from nearby walls, the horns don't reduce dispersion so much as to make listening position too small. The horns in the RF-52s have a 90 degree wide by 60 degree high pattern. Unless you're sitting unusually close, the prime listening zone is plenty large.

Most dome tweeters have dispersion more like 120 degrees wide and high and our belief is that anything you might gain in the size of the prime listening zone is more than offset by the likelihood of reflection from walls, floors, cabinets etc.

The 90 degrees is plenty wide for most home installations. By keeping the range somewhat limited, better imaging is achieved due to less reflections off of side walls. Proper placement should not be highly critical so long as any listener is not at a very severe angle to either speaker.

The 52 sounds ideal for your listening tastes. Good choice!