Vincent Audio...

jdm56

Anyone heard of it, heard it or have it? They are in AudioAdvisor and appear to be a really good value, especially the 2-channel gear. I read they were a German company, but their website seems to be in Australia while the prices suggest Chinese manufacture. I'm confused. They have some very interesting components that use tubes and transistors both.

Vincent Audio is a new one on me. The gear looks cool, alright. When I saw the CD player with the little round window to show off the tubes, I thought I'd seen the same thing in some Chinese catalog. Who knows. The Australia/Germany thing is a bit odd.

My thought is that is a rebadged collection of gear. They have EVERYTHING in their line up including speakers. Still, it isn't cheap. Headphone amps and such.... several different cosmetic styles on the boxes.

I know them quite well - my local dealer has them.

Sadly, IMHO, they look a lot better than they sound and I am yet to hear them in an implementation I liked.

As for manufacture I understand they are actually made in Eastern Europe somewhere.

Summary - look elsewhere.

• 1 year later...

Woah, this post is ages old? Its not a closed thread so, I guess I'll reply then. My experience is that alltho not being of the BEST quality out there, Vincent still provides us with good sound for the bucks. Class A, tubed preamps, good effect output etc etc a decent step up from NAD and H&K... As allways you need to listen and find out if it is for you or not, and don't get too swayed by subjective opinions thats not your own =) I think the hardware is actually manufactured by a rather large Chinese HIFI company.

Vincent is a German company marketed in this country by WS Distributing, Grand Rapids, MI. Tubes up front, SS power amplification. Some of their integrated amps and power amps have received good reviews in The Absolute Sound, and one model is on the TAS short list of recommended components in the budget class.

I am quite sure it's Chinese. Actually I could have sworn I saw the exact copies of the equipment under another name. I had the cd3 cd player in a sale and was pleased with the result for the money, but I sold it to buy a Creek (also at a major discount as they changed the running gear (I don't know the correct audio name for it)). I am impressed with that price-qualitty ratio. Whenever I hit the jackpot I want a Rega... [:P]