connecting receiver to Audigy soundcard

Vatican3

I am contemplating on getting a home theatre system to replace my defunct 4.1 promedias. i was wondering on the proper way to connect the soundcard to the receiver.

ok, i know that you need 3 pairs of 3.5 mm stereo to RCA cable.

Line Out connected to ???

Rear Out connected to ???

and where does the center channel go???

can someone please fill me in on these. I might have missed some important things too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your receiver should have SOME sort of digital input. use that from teh audigy's digital output. that is the best way.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

I have the audigy platinum

after a bit of research, i'm leaning toward a paradigm cinema series set with the PR-8 as the sub.

What would be a good receiver to pair with this set that would also allow me to expand in the future? Something around $500 US but i think i could stretch the budget if need be. A local audio shop here in toronto is offering a bundle with cinema series, Yamaha RX-V420 receiver, and a Panasonic DVD player

All of those things will cost 1400 + tax (about

1000 US)

My other alternative was the videologic digitheatre DTS for around 1000 canadian + tax (about 740 US).

A long shot is maybe the Klipsch promedia 5.1, but those defective 4.1's really left a sour taste in my mouth so the 5.1's might be a last ditch option.

So justin_tx_16, what do you think??? Keep in mind that i'm planning to get my new system probably christmas or summer next year, depends on how i do in school

well anyway thanks

cwm42.gif

To connect the Audigy to a receiver using analog, the receiver needs to have 6 channel (5.1) inputs. They are usually labeled as Main, Surround, Center and Sub.

Connect Line Out to Main input

Connect Rear Out to Surround input

The center out is also the sub output. (Left=Center, Right=Sub) So you would connect the left channel to Center input and the right channel to Sub input.

------------------

-Paul

My Computer Speaker Setup:

Receiver: Kenwood VR-409 (soon to be Denon AVR-2802)

Front: Klipsch Quintet Satellites

Center: Klipsch Quintet Center

Surround: Klipsch Quintet Satellites

Sub: Sony SA-W305 (soon to be M&K VX-100 or SVS 25-31CS)

This message has been edited by oogins on 11-22-2001 at 12:53 AM

oogins, when i connect it the way you described it, the system would work just like regular analog speakers right??? EAX will still be implemented and other 3d positioning technologies as well?

what's a good receiver around the 700 CAN dollar range to use with the paradigm cinemas?

quote:

Originally posted by Vatican3:

oogins, when i connect it the way you described it, the system would work just like regular analog speakers right??? EAX will still be implemented and other 3d positioning technologies as well?

Yes and yes. Smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Vatican3:

what's a good receiver around the 700 CAN dollar range to use with the paradigm cinemas?

Because I like Denon so much, I'm going to recommend the Denon AVR-1602. Do some looking around and some bargaining you could probably get the AVR-1802 for about $700. The Onkyo TX-DS595 seems like a good choice as well. The Marantz SR4200 is also worth a look.

------------------

-Paul

Please keep in mind that $700 US is about $1100 CAN.

But still, $700 for a 3802 is an incredible price.

------------------

-Paul