Mother of Tone

consistent

I can't remember where I read this (maybe Steve Hoffman's site) but a discussion of battery power for audio was a topic. They were using inverters to convert DC to AC power then running the audio gear off of that, and were getting INCREDIBLE results. Only problem was the batteries could only run the system for a limited amount of time. But the battery power was so clean and "audio friendly" that they wished they could do this regularly.

Then it got into an advanced discussion about "dirty wall power" from home electrical systems, but the idea expressed in that discussion was enough to understand that a "battery operated system" would be a good concept. Looks like this fellow has customized this amp for 12VDC car battery. Based on the concept alone, I'll bet it's good. Looks verrrrry interesting.

Yeah, I think it has got to be worth a look but the price is a bit steep. I am use to seeing a bit more for that sort of money but I have learned in aduio anything is possible.

I do remember an amp/pre-amp manufacturer in the states that did develop a 'battery' amp. I am sure the organization was N.E.W. but they went out of business!

hi,

plenty of people are doing battery operated man. I cant live whout my battery modded SB2.

Please take the time to see one of the gurus who is paving the way for hiend battery modification.

Vinny is one of the most upstanding guys in audio. Give him a

ring during EST business hours. He will be happy to help you out

im sure.

www.redwineaudio.com

his low power stuff is the reason i went looking for high efficiency

speakers, and I have him to thank indirectly for my wonderful cornwalls.

once you go battery powered, you never go back

Sean