OT: This is just so cool...

flannj

As a life long Cubs fan (as well as a season ticket holder for the last 16 years) I can only imagine what this would be like...

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/baseball/meanwhile-in-detroit--208468.php

(The letter from the reader is also pretty funny and I agree murder would be justified.)

thanks for wasting 1 min 22 sec of my life.

Not a baseball fan Clarence?

That's it exactly Mike.

I think the point is that this homemade video captures the emotions of being a Tiger fan at the moment your team clinches a spot in the World Series with a dramatic game winning homerun (the second by Ordonez in the game). Actually being there watching the flight of the ball and being a part of all the excitement.

This is after your team came in last place the previous year, then led their division virtually all of this year, with the best record in the league. Nearly collapsing at the end of the season with many fans worried that they might not have anything left for the post season.

I think this moment for Tiger fans captures the excitement and the realization that WE ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!

And how cool it is that you are there.

I was at the "Bartman Game" in 2003 at Wrigley and the atmosphere in that place was incredible. Going from the excitement of being 5 outs away from the World Series to the gut wrenching finish that the game turned into. Like I wrote in my original post I can only imagine the excitement of being there when your team clinches a World Series berth.

Sorry if this video doesn't capture that for you.

- Jim