LaScala/902/811b

Tarheel

Which crossover of Bob's are you running? His rebuilt type AA? That won't work with the 902s unless you go two way. The 902 does not at all rolloff like the K55 on the top end. So to stay three way you need a crossover that is bandpass on the midrange. Otherwise the speaker is going to be very bright since you will be doubling up on the treble between the 902 and the tweeter. Or you could run two way. A 902/511 on a LaScala run two way is a nice sounding speaker, esp. with an ES600 crossover. See this thread.... http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/420122.aspx If you want to stay three way (get better tweeters....) look into having Dean cook you up something special for that combo. A 902 can go well beyond 6kHz so it is kind of dumb (imo) to cross it over there. Cross at more like 8kHz or 10kHz and let the tweeter just handle the last octave. That will sound better then a 6kHz crossover. Shawn

At this point with CW bins and the above drivers and horns.........PERFECT for me. 902 drivers? Run them up to 9KZ! If in three-way, enjoy the added " sparkle" of a nice tweeter.

I hammer my 902's crossed at +/- 400hz. Don't worry about the low end cross per spec's.

Tarheel,

You will then have to drill 3 holes in the horns to mate up with the adaptor.

Mike

I didn't want to go drilling into my 511B's (aluminum), so I just drilled 2 holes in the adapter (plastic) that matched up to the 511, and attached it with only 2 bolts. That's plenty of support for the K55 drivers. Just make sure to not over tighten the bolts or you'll distort the mounting surface of the adapter.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not sure how the LS network differs from the CW network, but in order for me to run my 902-8B's on those particular networks, I had to move from the stock tap #3 to tap #2 to aquire the proper attenuation.

Tap #3 is on the top left corner of the pic and tap #2 is on the bottom right...

IMG_0808.jpg

Duke.....they are 8 ohm drivers....what are you thinking? Chuck

I'm thinking you will have to change your crossover

Duke...I am using Bob Crites AA xover...the ones on the Arkansas Cedar. So there is no way for me to try out the new horns and drivers without new xovers? If this is a dumb question please keep in mind that I know nothing about xovers. I guess I should have bought the 16 ohm drivers? Advice please.

Chuck