New king of the reciever hill?

TheEAR

This is very interesting,the new Pioneer VSX-49TX just arrived and I will compare this beast against the Denon 5800. Smile.gif

While I never liked the newer Pioneer recievers very much this superb piece looks like it can top(quality and features)the largest Denon,Marantz,Yamaha and Onkyo(includes Integra)recievers.Not cheap over 4 grand,YES...OUCH.

TheEAR will investigate Smile.gif

If this super reciever meets and defeats the venerable 5800 it will replace my Denon 5800 as the centerpiece of my second HT!

So far I have nothing but positive things to say about it,Pioneer did some serious homework with this VSX-49TX.Its like no other Pioneer you ever saw.Or heard

So watch out soon my Denon 5800 VS Pioneer VSX-49TX.

Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Here is the page where you can read about most of the specs.This beast of a reciever comes with a microphone to ley you calibrate the room acoustics!Nice

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/HomeProducts/HomeProductDetails/0,1422,21018,00.html

Sorry BigBusa,the 5800 will migrate to my secondary HT system.And the 3801 will end back with my PC.cwm32.gif

Colin,

The Pioneer should outperform the Denon as a pre/pro and with the new features and THX Ultra 2 plus extras

no other reciever at any price can match.Its not decided as of yet,just all points towards the elite of the Elite Pioneer recievers.

This reciever a true high tech marvel,like the Pioneer DV-AX10.Both are in the upper class.

TheEAR(s) Now theears