Cat Stevens' Return

coda

MAS, anyone who grew up listening to Cat and his music know he is/was a man of peace. I truly believe he was caught in the middle of something he can't back out of now!

I know I want to hear what he's recording now if for no other reason than to see if his head/heart still lies in the same place as it did in my youth[:|]

I don't know how you can swim in the water and not expect to get wet. Its no secret what Hamas is all about, and yet Cat, er, Mr. Islam, wants to do fundraisers for them? And, by the way, the U.S. isn't the only country to have denied him entry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/832796.stm

No question that his music was great back in the day. I have no doubt that he did what he thought was right when he turned his back on his former life and pursued the religion of his choice. More power to him. But, he might be more careful about the causes that he chooses to associate with.

Yusuf Islam Wins Peace Prize

Peace Train (recorded 17NOV)

If you follow the link above it will take you to a web page that speaks of all the good that Yusuf Islam has done and how stupid that US was for not allowing his entry.

To get an idea of the validity of the reporting at this site take a look at some of the other articles. It is clear that this is an Islamic propoganda site. Let's see...Yasser Arafat was a man of Peace. If yo believe that I have a bridge to sell. Give me a break

http://www.subzeroblue.com/archives/2004/11/yasser_arafat_has_pa.html

http://www.subzeroblue.com/archives/2004/05/arafat_lost_in_trans.html

http://www.subzeroblue.com/archives/2006/10/the_us_and_the_eye_o.html

http://www.subzeroblue.com/archives/2006/10/the_israeli_pressure.html

"...all the good that Yusuf Islam has done and how stupid that US was for not allowing his entry..."

Hmmm...

There are plenty of politically motivated websites...

...Just as Jimmy Carter was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in large part specifically to send a political message intended to both embarrass and assert the selection committee's political bias regarding US foreign policy 'represented' by 'George Bush's' foreign policy. So much for the integrity of the Nobel prize! Just another standard dumbed down ...

Listen or don't listen to Cat Steven's music.

But with all due respect, this isn't a place to debate what one may think of the US.

Media bias is a valid issue, though the Yusuf Islam Wins Peace Prize article was cited to CNN. If the Nobel Peace Prize has become so politicized, perhaps someone will want to halt the Norway ceremonies . .

http://thecelebritycafe.com/features/7977.html

below is from FOXNews!

Cat Stevens Coming to America

Cat Stevens is coming home, sort of. I am told that Greek-Brit Steven Georgiou, now known as Yusuf Islam, has been granted a visa and will enter the United States in mid-December.

All I can say is, its about time.

Yusuf thats what he wants to be called was involved in an embarrassing incident in 2004 when he and his daughter were denied entry into the U.S. because his name was found on a "no-fly" list. How utterly ridiculous, since it turned out the person in question was someone else.

Lets put it this way: Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam is an unlikely terrorist. Since his conversion to Islam, he may have had odd ideas, but none of them are threatening or dangerous.

Evidence of this can be found easily on Yusufs first new record album in 30 years. "An Other Cup," which hits stores in about 10 days, is full of hopeful flowery lyrics, gorgeous melodies and Bach-inspired orchestrations. If you listen to it with eyes closed, "Cup" could easily be 1974s "Buddha and the Chocolate Box."

Yusuf knows, however, that anti-Muslim feeling in the U.S. easily translates into panic. Maybe thats why he has cleverly covered the Animals old hit, "Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood." He is not unaware of an acceptance problem.

But really, theres nothing on "Cup" that could offend anyone and plenty of love and peace for everyone. Old Cat Stevens fans wont be disappointed, and the curious will find themselves just whistling along. Believe me, the lyrics are no more incendiary than George Harrisons "Hare Krishna" doodlings from 35 years ago. One of the songs sort of echoes Carole Kings old classic "Been to Canaan." This is what we used to quaintly call "hippie dippie."

Yusuf wisely stays away from controversies of any kind on "Cup." The nine songs with lyrics include a couple of knockouts "I Think I See the Light" and the opening number, "Midday (Avoid City After Dark)." They each have majestic sweep, and Yusuf uses horns and strings in a conventional manner. If anything, he sticks to what he knows, and it works.

When he visits America next month, I hope Yusuf will get a fair airing on TV like "Regis" and "Ellen." If he plays his cards right over the next few months, he might even get that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction he clearly deserves.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,228344,00.html

THX Coda, I'm surprised Mohammed Ali can fly freely about the Country also[:o]

Surely there is several Mohammed Ali's on the Terrorist roster[:|] Kareem must be a Terrorist for sure and he's broke go figure[:P]

It's this kind of knee jerk Politics that has us in such bad Foreign Policy trouble as it is along with a intelligence system that can't figure out who's in charge and what the real issues are for them/us[:(]

All I can say is that bad people are from every walk/country in the world and we have lost track of how to determine this no matter where a person is from. I'm sure Cat has been duped out of many dollars to Islam/Terrorist as much as all the Jewelry shops who purchased Terrorist Tanzenite

Media bias is a valid issue, though the Yusuf Islam Wins Peace Prize article was cited to CNN. If the Nobel Peace Prize has become so politicized, perhaps someone will want to halt the Norway ceremonies . .

below is from FOXNews!

Cat Stevens is coming home, sort of. I am told that Greek-Brit Steven Georgiou, now known as Yusuf Islam, has been granted a visa and will enter the United States in mid-December.

Yusuf thats what he wants to be called was involved in an embarrassing incident in 2004 when he and his daughter were denied entry into the U.S. because his name was found on a "no-fly" list. How utterly ridiculous, since it turned out the person in question was someone else.

Lets put it this way: Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam is an unlikely terrorist. Since his conversion to Islam, he may have had odd ideas, but none of them are threatening or dangerous.

Evidence of this can be found easily on Yusufs first new record album in 30 years. "An Other Cup," which hits stores in about 10 days, is full of hopeful flowery lyrics, gorgeous melodies and Bach-inspired orchestrations. If you listen to it with eyes closed, "Cup" could easily be 1974s "Buddha and the Chocolate Box."

Yusuf knows, however, that anti-Muslim feeling in the U.S. easily translates into panic. Maybe thats why he has cleverly covered the Animals old hit, "Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood." He is not unaware of an acceptance problem.

But really, theres nothing on "Cup" that could offend anyone and plenty of love and peace for everyone. Old Cat Stevens fans wont be disappointed, and the curious will find themselves just whistling along. Believe me, the lyrics are no more incendiary than George Harrisons "Hare Krishna" doodlings from 35 years ago. One of the songs sort of echoes Carole Kings old classic "Been to Canaan." This is what we used to quaintly call "hippie dippie."

Yusuf wisely stays away from controversies of any kind on "Cup." The nine songs with lyrics include a couple of knockouts "I Think I See the Light" and the opening number, "Midday (Avoid City After Dark)." They each have majestic sweep, and Yusuf uses horns and strings in a conventional manner. If anything, he sticks to what he knows, and it works.

When he visits America next month, I hope Yusuf will get a fair airing on TV like "Regis" and "Ellen." If he plays his cards right over the next few months, he might even get that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction he clearly deserves.

Media bias is real, and both CNN and Fox news are pretty transparent

with their respective bias. But to suggest that the web site you linked

to is a legitimate media source on a par with CNN or Fox, and therefore

worthy of a discussion on media bias is patently absurd.

Josh

below is from FOXNews!

Media bias is real, and both CNN and Fox news are pretty transparent

with their respective bias. But to suggest that the web site you linked

to is a legitimate media source on a par with CNN or Fox, and therefore

worthy of a discussion on media bias is patently absurd.

Josh

"...all the good that Yusuf Islam has done and how stupid that US was for not allowing his entry..."

Hmmm...

There are plenty of politically motivated websites...

...Just as Jimmy Carter was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in large part specifically to send a political message intended to both embarrass and assert the selection committee's political bias regarding US foreign policy 'represented' by 'George Bush's' foreign policy. So much for the integrity of the Nobel prize! Just another standard dumbed down ...

Listen or don't listen to Cat Steven's music.

But with all due respect, this isn't a place to debate what one may think of the US.

I think we are in extreme agreement here. I was noting the the web sites' biased reporting of the virtues of Cat Stevens. No debate with me on the US

Josh