Cape Hattaras

PhilMays

The where is still up in the air. The original plan was go down the James River in a canoe (weather permiting) but aquiring the canoe hasn't came around yet, so we might just head down to the Amilia Wildlife Preserve to one of the lake there or go down to the Appomatix River right behind the house, or might take my boat up to Lake Anna or down to Lake Chesdin.

Like I said its still up in the air as to where. We have some friends coming up on the 11th and we are going to spend a couple nights up in DC then the rest of the week is open.

Steve

Looks like you were using that fish as part of the punchline in one of those really bad jokes! You know, like...

... so the priest says "That's no herring. THIS is a herring." after which general guffaws surround all within earshot.

Looks like fun, a lot better than trying to get the boat off the lake. [8o|] Had to chop off roughly 6-10 inches of ice from the back of the boat/motor with an axe, motor wouldn't move up or down otherwise. Then unstick the boat from the inch or two it was stuck into, get away from the dock then try and make it to the public access. When I gave up about 15-20 feet from shore I was busting through 6 inches of ice, back the boat up, drive up on top at WOT, go up front and bounce on each side, then pull myself off the oce, try and break up chunks with a 8' galvanized 2" pipe, then run back up on top again. Went down to the dock at 10 AM Sat, got off the boat and walked back to the house to get the truck at 12:00. 100 yards or less away. I tell myself every year I'm going to get the boat out early, just never happens. This week is supposed to 50-60 all week, sure almost all of the ice will be gone by this weekend. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks Jt. That photo was an accident. My father took it and he does not know how to operate my digital SLR....or does he?

aah that's great, it would become a conversation piece in years to come. What's the story behind that photo? Well, my dad....

JT