Pro Media 2.1 Repair

artto

My Pro Media 2.1 system went out (apparently fairly common).

Anybody out there in the Chicago area that knows how to fix these things? The only repair places I know want a minimum $50 fee just to look at it for an estimate and will take 8 weeks to repair. I'd rather pay one of my Forum Friends to get this done faster.

It just simply "went out". The power amplifier seems to have "gone". No green power light on the right side speaker/monitor. The first time it happened I unplugged it from the power supply (wall outlet). The panel on the subwoofer was rather warm, even somewhat hot. After it cooled overnight I plugged it back in, turned it on, it worked briefly, and after a minute or so went out out again however it doesn't come back on. I usually just leave it on all the time. IMO it's sometimes easier on the electronics to just leave solid state components on all the time if you use them frequently rather than keep turning them on & off subjecting them to electrical surges. If this is something simple enough that I can fix with some guidance, I game. I can "read" but not "write". I can find my way around a schematic and chassis. I just can't design the whole package from scratch.[:D]

• Moderators

Hmmm, hard pinpoint what the problem is, then. We cannot give schematics for this system, but we can repair it for you...I believe repairs is $40. You can call us at 888-554-5665 for more info on that, and they can also do more troubleshooting with you.

Thanks!

"Hmmm, hard pinpoint what the problem is, then. We cannot give schematics for this system, but we can repair it for you...I believe repairs is $40. You can call us at 888-554-5665 for more info on that, and they can also do more troubleshooting with you."

Another reason to stick with Klipsch.............takin' care of business [H]