Klipschorns as 2-way?

PrestonTom

11sw.jpg

Boy, and I thought having three Altec 511B horns staring into my chops was a lot of horn!

WOW! Those JBLs are monsters! I'd love to hear those things.

BTW, do both woofers cover the same range, or is the bottom one crossed over lower than the top one? I ask because I'm getting ready to design dual 15" bass bins for my mains.

Regardles of the horn type....Finding a HF driver 400hz to 18k hz is almost impossible. I am certain all of you are wizzing in the wind. Get a towel.

Maron,

I suspect that you are probably correct. Crossing at 700 Hz (or so) is one thing, but at 400 Hz (or even 500) is going to be problematic.

-Tom

Regardles of the horn type....Finding a HF driver 400hz to 18k hz is almost impossible. I am certain all of you are wizzing in the wind. Get a towel.

the bnc de75 goes from 500 hz to just above 19khz. the k-69 goes from about 600 to also above 19k hz. the tad's 3' diap comp drivers go from about 800 to above 20k hz.

boy!!

TAD makes 100mm and 48mm models.

Voice coil diameter: 1-7/8 inches/48mm Equalizing System: 3 slit type. Frequency Range: 450-27,000 Hz. Rated input power: 10 watts

The older model diaphragms mat be crossed at 500hz. Deformation is prevented by a surround formed of a special high-polymer compound. It also effectively prevents fatigue and rupture caused by an excessive input level. The newer model of diaphragm has a pure beryllium diaphragm, and must be crossed at 1Khz for its higher 20W rating.

All the 100mm models are pure beryllium diaphragm.

I have some of the new JBL 76mm pure beryllium diaphragm models. They will make a nice two-way on the right horn with a crossover at or above 650hz.