Rear Speakers to match Cornwalls?

smitt12

I currently have a pair of Cornwalls as my front speakers, an Academy center, and 2.5's as my rear speakers. I am looking to move the 2.5's into a bedroom/office and want to upgrade my back speaks.

Any suggestions as to what would go best would be greatly appreciated. Personally I am looking at getting a pair of Forte's for the rears. These would be a good match correct? If not what do you guys recommend?

Thanks, C. Smith

MORE CORNWALLS

Seconded. As an owner of a six Cornwall theater, I'm here to tell you that if you have the space, there's nothing like having identical speakers surrounding you. If you do lots of multichannel music they are particularly good, but I find them highly effective for HT too.

I set my rears in the back up on coffeetables, with the rear left and right just behind me and angled along the wall "crossfiring" to a point right behind my head when sitting in the sweet spot. Having all speakers match provides a seamlessness in sonics - and having them be Cornwalls means an effortless and awesome performance.

It is also recommended that you try to get a Cornwall at center - eventually[:D]

I don't have a rear center @ this time. Just the Cornwalls up front, Academy center, and 2.5's on stands in the rear. I'm gonna mover the 2.5's and upgrade. I hope this answers your question? The Academy is in a stand below my TV and the Corns just sit on the floor.

I don't have a rear center @ this time. Just the Cornwalls up front, Academy center, and 2.5's on stands in the rear. I'm gonna mover the 2.5's and upgrade. I hope this answers your question? The Academy is in a stand below my TV and the Corns just sit on the floor.

Forte's would be great, they are close cousin to the Heresy, just more low end and the cabinet sits up a bit higher.

My rule of thumb is that from your seated (reclined) position, you should be able to turn and SEE the horns in the rear speakers- ie direct line of sight/hearing. Many people prefer the rear surrounds at 6 feet or so off the ground, so Heresy might work better in that regard.

Keep Heritage with Heritage, Reference with Reference. Never the two should meet.

Michael

K-Horns!!! That's was I'm using.

But I should confess that the K-Horns also pull 2-Channel duty.

I've used RS-3's, RF III's, KLF 30's, and now the over-kill K-Horns as surrounds and the best has been the K-Horns.

But knowing/understanding that this isn't practical, I would have to agree with the masses here..

1. Cornwalls and than

2. Heresy's and than

3. maybe 2 or 3 more Academy's?

JJ

I'd say for Cornwall Mains, acceptable selections for surrounds might include (but NOT limited to- don't jump me people!) the following.

Any 'bigger' speakers are not included as if you had them, they should be your mains.

Cornwalls

Heresy

Forte

Chorus

Quartet

KLF series 20?

(waay down the list)

KG series 4 or ??

CF epic series -2 or 3 maybe?

never never never Reference. ok, maybe as surround, if you have to.....

that's about it from my book. YMMV

Michael