energy speakers

tommyboy

My boss recently bought a full energy ht. With a denon receiver. He got all connossieur series speakers. I don't know much about them, but he said that they're the best connossiers. I know his main's are c9's. Anyway. These things sounds pretty damn good. I havent ever heard a full Klipsch reference series rig to compare it to though. Jus stoppin by to say that energy speakers are two thumbs up in my book!

Speaker System: Bass Reflex, Front & Rear Vented
Recommended Amplifier Power: up to 250 watts
Impedance: 8 ohms nominal
Minimum Impedance: 4 ohm
Frequency response: 30-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB
Usable Bass Response: -10dB Anechoic @ 25Hz
Anechoic Sensitivity 87dB
2 speakers in a typical room: 90dB
Crossover Points: 150Hz, 300Hz, 550Hz, 2.0kHz
Operating Range: Tweeter: 2.0 kHz and >, Midrange: 550Hz-2.0kHz, Woofer 3:~ to 550Hz
Woofer 2:~ to 300Hz
Woofer 1:~ to 150Hz

1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter,

2" Aluminum Dome Midrange,

3 6-1/2" Dual Hyperdrive Woofers

Overall Dimensions:

H 46"
116.8cm
D 18 1/8"
46cm
W 8 3/4"
22.2cm
Cabinet Finishes: Cherry Veneer w/ black, High Gloss w/ black
Shipping Weight: 95 lbs. / 42.7 kg
Accessories: Spike Kit, Rubber Bumpers

Glad he's happy, but I'll stick with Klipsch. The above specs are for the Veritas 2.4 towers, the 'greatest achievement' of Energy's Design Philosophy. 90 dbw- most Klipsch are 96-98, so 4x the amplifier power would be required for the same listening levels.

But then...what would you EXPECT a Klipsch employee to say? [:o]

I've been checking out the Energy RC-70 myself, which is probably what he has. I'd like to hear a pair of those and the new NHT Classic Four, along with the Klipsch RF-63. I think those three look like really good values for a straight up 2-channel rig. ...And I'd have thrown in the Bose 901 VI into that mix, but I know pretty much what they would sound like.

Glad he's happy, but I'll stick with Klipsch. The above specs are for the Veritas 2.4 towers, the 'greatest achievement' of Energy's Design Philosophy. 90 dbw- most Klipsch are 96-98, so 4x the amplifier power would be required for the same listening levels.

But then...what would you EXPECT a Klipsch employee to say? [:o]

Exactly,efficiency is only one of the many factors when buying speakers. Efficiency does not equal quality.In a home environement you will never use ear damaging levels Klipsch and large Altecs or JBL's will throw at ya.

Amp power almost anyone on these forums has plenty of wattage to power all but the most inefficient speakers to above acceptable levels. [:D]

Well, now that klipsch has bought out energy, mirage, and athena, I guess we can see some product improvement in those brands...

What improvement,making them more Klipsch like,would be the most childish mistake.People who value these speakers for what they do best would drift away and seek others like Paradigm,B&W and Dynaudio.

I have plenty of Klipsch and Dynaudio and each one does someting better the other cannot do as well.