Klipsch RW-12 VS. Adire Shiva

lorcoll

I have built the Shiva vented project (142,5 l.) two years ago (I have paid about 550.00 euro with the shipping costs from USA) and now I can buy the RW-12 new at a fantastic price (euro 350.00) from Germany.

Now I would Know if the RW-12 is in the same league of my DIY project of the Shiva ( I have tuned my Shiva to 20 Hz - is this a good value?).

Many thanks.

Lorenzo.

No, I use the Shiva for the Home theater (with the Heresy I) and now I want to buy the RW-12 to use it with my Khorn (considering the fact that I listen to a low level sound - no loud).

I have used the EBS Shiva project (142 .5 liter - 5 cubic foot net) and the dimensions are: a cube of 22.5" for side. The port is 4.65" large and 18.10" long. While the amp was a 250 Watts from Parts Express.

If the RW-12 is as good as the Shiva I'll buy it because my DIY project was good (at my usual volume sound) for the Khorn.

• Moderators

Ok so it's not the prettiest thing, I did kind of hurry up because I wanted to hear it. It is on wheels, although you can't really see them. It's to heavy to move without rolling but it does roll so you would think I could at least turn it around and get the dust off, but noooo.

• Moderators

The port is the one they sell here full length, not cut shorter. They had plans and length of the port for different applications. I think they called it EBS ? It's 142 L or 5 CF about 22'' square tuned to 18.3. Shiva with an Adaire ava 250 watt amp.

Will build another or something better later.

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/